Default Bottles compatible with Medela Pump in Style

What bottles are compatible with the Medela Pump-in-Style?

Are there any bottles that you can pump into and then store/freeze breast milk in or do you have to use bags for freezing?

murpheyblue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Bottles compatible with Medela Pump in Style

Obviously, the Medela bottles work with the PIS. Dr. Brown's narrow bottles hook up to it as well. Avent sells a conversion kit that allows you to hook Avent bottle directly to the PIS.

Both the Medela and Avent bottles come with lids so you can store/freeze EBM in them although I've foind abgs easier because they take up much less room in the freezer and don't take your bottles out of circulation.

Ali
    Mom to Megan 9-28-03

Any standard size bottle will work. I started out buying the Evenflo breastmilk storage bottles, but that got expensive and took up too much room in my freezer. Logan wouldn't take any of the nipples that fit those bottles, so I switched to storing in the Gerber storage bags so we could use them in the Playtex bottles.

I eventually ended up using the Pumpmate system and also the Playtex One Step system.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I used a couple of different things ...

For all freezing (which wasn't very often) I used the Gerber breastmilk storage bags placed in a gallon size ziploc freezer bag.

For pumping and fridge storage I used:

The Medela bottles it came with

Plain Gerber bottles (5 oz, I think) with Evenflo sealing discs placed in the collar. I found the sealing discs at BabiesRUs. For a while DD liked the silicone Nuk nipples, so we would just replace the disc with the nipple to feed. Any regular sized (narrow mouth) bottle should screw in fine, I think.
    After a while DD preferred Avent bottles/nipples so we used Avent bottles and the Avent pump adapters (purchased from babycenter.com). They have sealing discs available that can be used in place of the nipple for storage in the fridge or freezer.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

Jen in Chicago Guest

Jude would only drink out of the cheap-o Gerber bottles, and I could hook those right to the horns. I also had some Evenflo nursing bottles that I could attach nipples too. I did pump into bags on occassion, but the Medela bags were so expensive! I never finished my package. I did freeze in Gerber bags, but did the transfer from the bottles to the bags.

proggoddess Guest

The Playtex Ventaire bottles also hook up to the PIS, but not for storage (IMO) as the bottoms unscrew as well as the tops.