Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    amp Guest

Default Can I just say that Take N Toss stuff rocks?!

Ok, I admit, I already kind of knew this. But I've had another recent breakthrough that makes me want to say it again...Take N Toss suff rocks!

We've had the small snack containers, larger snack containers and the sippy cups and liked the price and durability of them. Then I read here, months ago, that the sippy cup lids fit the small snack containers, so I tried it, and Voila! small sippy cups! Okay, so you guys rock too, for cluing me into this! People ask me in restaurants where I got that great "little" sippy cup.

Okay, so in spite of my being a fan, I had not tried the straw cups. I had not even looked closely at them in the store. I thought, I do not need to buy my child a special straw cup. He can learn to drink with a regular straw and a regular cup. There's no difference and it will save us money. Wrong! After several failed attempts to get him to drink from a cup and straw, I more closely inspected the TNT straw cups. They are different! They have a very tight fit, so the liquid doesn't leak or pour out like a regular cup! So I buy them. The very first time I gave Jake the cup, he figured it out! He didn't get it right away, but after putting it in his mouth and waiting for something to happen, he made it work! Yay, Jacob! He was so proud of himself and he looks so darned cute! And no mess!

mharling Guest

Default RE: Can I just say that Take N Toss stuff rocks?!

I just tried them yesterday with Lane too!! Sounds like they had a similar experience. I was so excited to tell dh when he got home and he was impressed. And I agree, WE LOVE Take N Toss. The little sippies are SO perfect.

That being said, I do have one gripe and one suggestion:
    - Gripe: For a little while now, I have only seen the real sippies with 10 oz bottoms. For now we're using the snack cup bottom, but we'll move to the 7 oz bottoms when we need something bigger. I only have a handful from the first time we bought them and am afraid I won't be able to get more. 10 oz just seems too big and the packaging gloats the 'new, bigger size!!!'. Hello? This is not a good thing for little kids! Not to mention that I'm sure we're trying to raise our children to control portion sizes, etc.

- Suggesion: I really wish they sold things a la carte. When we need new sippy lids, I hate that I have to buy the gargantuan bottoms. And when I bought the straw cups on Tuesday, I had to dig for one that someone hadn't swiped the straws off. I would love to be able to buy what I need and continue to mix and match without building up a supply of things we don't use. This would probably mean less money for them, so I'm sure it wouldn't happen. :(

Other than that, they're great and I highly recommend them to anyone! I am convinced that they are a big reason why Lane took to a sippy cup and a straw cup so quickly.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    [link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

lfp2n is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the TnT sippies and I've searched everywhere for the TnT straw cups. The only straw cups I can find are tall and she can't get the straw in her mouth and fit the cup on the tray. Any ideas where to find them?

Lucy

amp Guest

Mary - I agree w/ the wish to buy ala carte, BUT, part of what makes them so attrative to me is the price. I feel like if I lose one or need to toss one, it's just not that big of a deal to me. Then again, I haven't lost or cracked any and we've been using them for about 5-6 mths, so i guess I can't complain when it does happen!

Oh, and FYI, I've not seen them in a smaller size. As long as I fill the cup full enough, DS can tip the cup a bit to drink out of it while in the high chair w/ the tray. It is a tight fit, and if the liquid gets too low, he can't get anything out. I have not tried this, but wonder if the lid fits any of the other containers. If so, you could cut the straw off and use it in a smaller container. Just a thought, and I don't even know if it would work. Would have to test the fit.

We LOVE these! Use them for both girls. In fact, this was Ellen's first "learning" sippy. I think it worked where the others didn't because the spout is maleable and softer than the hard plastic ones.

The spoons are the only ones I use for Ellen. I got rid of all my previous ones that I used with Kathleen because I like these better.

I will say, however, that after using them vigorously for a few months, most of the lids started to leak on us so I just tossed them all and got 2 new sets. :)

And the straw ones are Kathleen's faves!

nitaghei Guest

Aren't these great? I think I have most of the products - bowls (4 oz and 8 oz), sippies, straw cups, spoons, forks. I've been using the same sets of bowls for DS's food for daycare for months and months, and they're still in great shape. Though DS now prefers the Avent sippy for water.

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Vajrastorm Guest

I keep a "small sippy" in my bag at all times :)

Aine loves water, and this has averted many a meltdown.

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

A question: how are the TnT straw cups when they're being re-used? In other words, I saw something maybe on the website or on the package about how they were only spillproof until the straw was put in the first time. I realize that a straw cup isn't really spillproof anyway, but does the liquid leak out of the hole around the straw? And is the straw loose in the cup like it is in a regular straw drink top? Also, I haven't actually touched the straws at the store but they looked kind of hard - I'm used the the soft straws on the Playtex and Munchkin cups - are the TnT straws hard? Don't know if all this makes sense ...

We've used the 7 and 10 oz cups and really liked them. Until DD started prying the tops off with her teeth - argh! The tops would be ruined after she did that and I wouldn't always see her in time to stop. We had to stop using the regular cups b/c of that but the straw cups have always looked interesting to me.

Thanks!
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

amp Guest

The straws are hard. I can't yet speak to whether they are still leakproof after the first use. I can say that in the 2 cups we've used on the first use, the straw fits very snugly into the cup. It hasn't really leaked, although we did get a little water out. I don't know if they will still be leak proof after I pull out the straw and wash it.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Why not use the straw cup lids with the smaller sippy cups, if you can find them? I'm not sure if they fit, but I bet that they would.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast