Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: When did everyone introduce peanut butter?

My ped. recommende waiting until 2 but I just started giving it to dd last week and she is fine. But definitely wait if you are concerned.
    Kim

ginalc Guest

Thanks, Mary! :)

I've learned SOOOOOOO much from these boards. I love to visit but rarely respond anymore. Glad to see some friendly "faces!" :) :) :)

gina

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS will not be having any nuts until 3 years old. I have not knowingly given him anything that says "may contain peanut traces" or "processed in a facility with peanuts/tree nuts" either, though I know most people are not that cautious. I did find out that that information is not always on the package (a la Annie's Cheddar Bunnies) so I wouldn't be surprised if he has eaten some traces of nuts.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

barbarhow Guest

We tried it at 14 months in the cafeteria of the hospital. He has had it a couple of times since but doesn't really like it. One bite and spits it out....
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My DD has never had peanuts or tree nuts and she will be 3 in August. We have a family history of shellfish and also seasonal allergies. FYI, any type of allergy can be a risk factor for nut allergies. To me, it is just not worth the risk, and we are avoiding them until age 3.

And FYI, there are several classrooms in my DD's preschool that are nut-free rooms, since there are several kids in her school with nut allergies. Nut allergies have become relatively common.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2