Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Which pacifiers are you using?

Avents here, too, love that cap!
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

the only ones that ever worked for us were especially pooh from target.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

hellosmiletoday Guest

First choice. Classic Pooh from Target in the newborn size (in small print you can see the brand is First Years). I just posted in another forum a question about where to get a different design at another place, which seems impossible. You can store the Target pacifier in the container that comes with MAM pacifiers, and I recommend using the MAM pacifier attacher instead of the Target attacher cause its easier to use.

She will somewhat suck on MAMs...but not much. I personally like MAM better b/c of the air vents, so I suggest you try those first.

Also, DD hates silicone pacis, only latex ones.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

Chelsey333 Guest

I used Nuk. But the first week, I used one they had at the hospital, and I don't remember what it was called. It was bright blue. It was easier for my ds to take. For the 1st mos. of his life I had to put the pacifier in really slow or he would gag.

proggoddess Guest

Default RE: Pacifiers and breast feeding

We started out without one in the house. Then on day 10, DD's umbilical cord stump fell off. She was cranky the entire day and wanted to nurse *all the time.* I was "feeding" her every 45 minutes. I was so sore, at 10pm, I begged DH to run to the drugstore and buy a pacifier.

I was mentally beating myself up because the LCs told us to hold off for 4-6 weeks. I was a bad parent and we were all going to parent hell because we had caved into the evil pacifier. Well, she didn't take it! Spit it right out. She sucked on it when we held it in her mouth though. Shortly after midnight, we found the offending stump in her diaper. At 2am she fell asleep.

She's now 4.5 months and the BFing is going fine. She sucks on the pacifier throughout the day and eats well, every 2-3 hours and sleeps through the night. She never had latch-on problems or problems feeding, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2