Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    indigo Guest

Default how many nursing bras do you have?

Wondering how many nursing bras you have, or recommend to have? I am six weeks into my BF "career" and am wondering whether to buy more bras. I would like to have a couple more (different colors, rotate thru the wash) but am curious whether my size will still change much from this point forward? I hope to nurse at least for six months, and preferably a year. DD is our first child and we hope to have at least another.

Right now I have two Bravados that I mostly sleep in, and a Leading Lady #449 . (I also have a lace underwire nursing bra from Mimi Maternity that I bought on sale - because it was pretty! - but it's very uncomfortable so I'm not counting it as part of my wardrobe.) I'm thinking of getting another Leading Lady (has anyone tried #434?) and perhaps another Bravado. Any thoughts?

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: how many nursing bras do you have?

I think that I had three to begin with, but as I lost pg weight and my body shape changed, I had to get new (smaller) nursing bras. That was probably around 5-6 months? Bravados have a pretty wide size range, though, so you have a good chance of being able to continue to use those as your size/shape changes.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

llcoddington Guest

I have three Motherhood Maternity bras- all exactly the same. They fit me, they are comfortable and I haven't felt I needed more.

I think I am a bit smaller than I was a few months ago, but these bras are still doing the job.

Lana
    mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

I haven't needed to get different sizes but I did need to get new ones because DH put them through the dryer. I have 2 Anita bras. More would be handy but I'm too cheap to spend more money on bras that I only planned to use for 1 year.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I had 7 altogether. I really liked the Medelas and have saved them for my next pregnancy and while I liked the Take 9 (Sears) brand, they fizzled out after 9 months of use. I didn't like the Target ones at all.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Congratulations on 6 weeks of BF and your new baby!

I have five nursing bras. I bought one a couple of weeks before I had Ellie (by Leading Lady) and one the week after she was born (another Leading Lady). Since then I've bought a few more(Playtex). I love the Leading Lady bras I have, but honestly they haven't stood up to all of the wear.

I suggest buying one more now and then waiting a few months.

JLiebCamm Guest

I had 7 once I went back to work because I seemed to leak frequently and didn't wear a bra for more than a day without washing it. If I wouldn't have needed to change them so often I would say that 3-4 would be fine.

divabell Guest

I have 3 Bravados in a larger size that I've had since the beginning, and now they're a little big so I just sleep in them, and I have 3 in a smaller size that I rotate for during the day. (I also have several others that I've tried and hated, so I don't count those!) I only do laundry a couple times a week but I haven't had problems running out of bras.

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I have one bra that I bought while pregnant not realizing just how much bigger I would be nursing than even pregnant (when you start out as 'barely an A' pre-pregnancy the possibility of being a C is unfathomable!).

I have 4 nursing bras that I bought after I got to my 'final' size a few weeks after DS was born, and I rotate through them. I also have 2 nursing camisoles I bought when I wanted more options a couple months ago. I haven't changed size much since the yo-yo'ing stopped after the initial engorgement period. I'll be curious to see where I end up post-weaning, but we're not quite ready for that yet.

I didn't buy anything super expensive, and fully intend to retire the bras into the trash can when we've weaned, and splurge on something nicer for nursing the next baby.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

indigo Guest

everyone, thanks for sharing! Sounds like less is definitely more when it comes to nursing bras. I think I will try and hold off on getting more bras as long as possible, as it seems that even now I am starting to use the tighter (smaller) hooks on the bras that I do have... i.e. my size is still changing. Guess I will have to indulge my fashion passion elsewhere! :0) (shoes maybe?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast