Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    vdrake71 Guest

Default RE: how many nursing bras do you have?

I think that I have 5 playtex nursing bras that I bought before DS was born and I have not been able to wear them because they are too big. I bought 2 leading lady bras about 2 1/2 months after DS was born and I love them but they have not held up in the washing. The Leading Lady bras are nice if you are big in the chest. Also, I would stay away from the underwire bras. They can cause clogged milk ducts.

Congrats on 6 weeks!

It took me some experimenting to figure out what I like, luckily I experimented with cheap bras. I currently rotate through 3 Medela microfiber sports bra type bras, which are not holding up well, 2 Bravados, and a Blue Canoe Jane top (current fave). This number is fine, I just wish the Medelas were Bravados or Blue Canoes. Oh well, they only have a few months of life left, then I'll replace them. I wear a bra for 24hrs, then switch, and I only do my laundry about twice a week, so it works out OK. I wore two Bravados during pregnancy which were too small once my milk came in, I am holding onto them in case I shrink more as time progresses.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

johnsmom Guest

I have 4. I really need to get some more. My favorite is the YES nursing bra. I got it off ebay and it is so comfortable. My least favorites are the walmart and target bras. They are very junky and hard to hook.

I had six but really only seemed to like 3 of them. The bravados were great in the beginning but they became my least favorite after a while because of the seam. I also loved the Elitas in the beginning to sleep in since they were so comfy.

I think that you should wait for a few months and then you'll have a better idea what your preference is as far as snap, clasp, front snap towards the center, pull over style, et cetera.

You're doing great!!!!!
    Mom to R and R

johnsmom Guest

I meant to add that the YES bra was $15 which included shipping...a great buy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2