Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cleaning the Nuby Sippy Cup

After reading about them on these boards, I tried a Nuby sippy cup (the kind with the silicone spout) with my son. He LOVES it! I LOVE it!! I have been trying to get him on a sippy for months and this is the first one that works. Yayyyy!!

At any rate, here's my question: when you wash them in the dishwasher do you leave the spout inside of the ring or do you pop it out?

ALLEYCAT Guest

Default RE: Cleaning the Nuby Sippy Cup

Pop it out, crud accumulates if you don't.

jubilee Guest

I've been leaving them attached, and I just relooked at them and no crud is there. But I'd never considered separating them before, so maybe I will change my ways anyway.

Gee, I didn't realize it came out. I looked mine over (always washed in the dishwasher) and they all look great though. Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Glad he likes the cups too! Ryan loves his.
    Mom to R and R

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I took mine apart for the first time last night after reading this post. I did not ever think to do it before. Mine were perfectly clean inside. It was difficult to get the parts back together again, and I felt like I had to pull and push at the spout a lot to do it. I wonder if it would last as long if you take it apart each time? I might check occasionally but, I think I am going back to my previous routine of throwing the whole thing into the dishwasher.

isn't that a great cup??? I've done mine both ways and it works fine :)
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

flagger Guest

I leave it attached.

kseltmann Guest

Sad but true, I don't know where to get a Nuby Sippy cup. I have been told you can get them at WalMart, but I don't have a walmart nearby. Old Kathryn would have made a pilgrimage to buy something, new Kathryn works full-time from home with and 11 month old and no help, so... Suffice it to say, I have no walmart. I have been using platex and avent and I am not thrilled with either.
    Where else can one get a nuby cup? Are they next to the Cabbage Patch kids and the Furbys?

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought mine at CVS of all places. It says made for CVS by Nuby on the package. They come in a two pack.

HTH

czollmann Guest

Could someone please explain or show a picture of what these look like? I went to walmart tonight and saw a 2 pack that said Nuby on the bottle part but it didnt look like they had silicone spouts and they had a little clear plastic cover that came over and covered the spout for when not drinking. Plus they were almost $5 for two and I think I had read that they were around $1 each. Was I looking at the right thing?

Carol
    mom to
    Ben (2/02) & Jack (3/04)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast