Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breast pads

proggoddess Guest

Default RE: Breast pads

I'm also a fan of the Medela disposables. They have a great contoured shape and are extremely thin, especially at the edges where they show through your clothing the easiest. I did not like the Gerber or the Avent. Too thick, too noticeable.

I don't have much trouble with leakage, so I can't speak to the absorbencies of any of them. I use homemade cloth ones at night because they're cotton and aren't itchy and are breatheable.

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That's my brand too.

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have tried so many disposable brands: Evenflo, Gerber, J&J, etc. The only one I like is the disposables by Lansinoh. Unfortunately I can only find those at RiteAid. If I'm at WalMart or BRU, I can't find them. That's why I've tried so many brands. With a baby, I don't have the luxury to hop from one store to another anymore. HTH and GL!

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hate disposable breast pads, myself.

Didn't like the Medela washables -- thin, which was nice, but they didn't absorb much and just held the moisture against my nipples -- yuck!

My favourites so far are the Bravado washables. They're thin, absorbent, and even if I let them get wet enough that my bra and shirt are soaked through, my nipples stay dry. I wish they were a little more contoured, but I haven't found them to show through clothes.

lampes Guest

I have tried the Lanisoh, Medela, Gerber and Avent disposables. The Avent are the most comfortable for me. Medela was the next most comfortable. The least comfortable was the Gerber set. Problem with all of the pads were that you could see the outline of the pad through any shirt that was slightly fitted around the breast area. I hated that.

The Lily Padz were invisbile and actually allowed me to wear no bra at night. The negatives for the Lily Padz is that in order for them to prevent leaks, you must place the pad with pressure on the nipple. This is hard to do with one hand while you are trying to be discreet in public. That said, I have never had leaks when I have applied the Padz correctly - with finger over nipple and then spreading the Padz around the breast. The material says that it works to prevent leaks by stopping the production altogether by pressure on the nipple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2