Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: fussy baby - help!

That is too funny, and actually a clever idea!!!

Abbey Guest

Is she possibly teething?? That could change her sleep patterns...Just a thought.
    Abbey

> Her interest was there, but her
    >intestines weren't ready.

You know, at about the same age that babies start watching us eat, and grabbing at our food, and mimicking our chewing, they also start grabbing at pens and pencils or the telephone. But that doesn't mean they are ready to learn to write or to call Grandma on the phone.

I think that the "signals" can be interpreted to mean anything we want them to mean. But we can't tell what is going on inside baby's body. I'm glad I waited until 8.5 months to start solids. Part of my research into that decision was seeing the trouble that Rachel and others had with solids.

...Karen
    DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
    http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/bo...breastfed2.gif

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We started DS in on solids when he seemed like he was paying attention to them, and that was at 4 mos - but only a taste here and there, and he didn't have any rice cereal until after 6 mos. If she really seems interested in your eating (and drinking, which DS wanted a part of, too) you might try giving her a taste of what you're having, provided it isn't too spicy or salty. When DS wasn't able to have a taste of what we were having, we'd give him an inch or so of mashed banana, which was a huge hit. It's been 4 mos since then, and the only rejected foods have been plain broccoli and plain green beans, and he eats like a trooper.

Good Luck!

Petra
    DS - Nathan 12/29/03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2