Default DS is on Strike!!!

Hi,
    My DS is six months old and last weekend had a terrible time with teething. He was in a lot of pain and refused his bottle and cereal except for probably when he was really starving. He is feeling much better, but still won't drink more than a couple of ounces, (today he had 9 ounces total of milk) but he does eat his solid food. I'm worried he is not getting enough fluids. I did put milk in his cereal so he is getting the nutrients from milk. I guess I just want to know if this is normal and if there is anything I could do to get him to suck. now he just turns his head away or just licks the bottle. I know he is not feeling perfect, but I doubt that the bottle is casuing him pain. Thanks in advance.
    Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

Default RE: DS is on Strike!!!

Sorry to hear your little one isnt feeling well. Have you taken him to the DR? Could his ears be bothering him as well? I know when Lil'bit got her first teeth in she also got an ear infection because everything is so connected. That could be why he doesnt want to suck because of the pain on his teeth (though normally they like to chew on the nipple because it feels good on their teeth) but the sucking sensation really hurts the ear canals as well. As long as you are getting some food into him I would worry to much, they manage to survive. But I would consider taking him to get checked out just in case. Perhaps the Dr can give you some suggestions as well. Hope DS is feeling better soon!

Default RE: DS is on Strike!!!

Thanks. Yes I did take him to rule out the ear thing, but his mouth was still in pain then, so I didn't think the eating was a problem. Now that he is feeling better, I started thinking about it. Anyway, this morning he ate nicley, so hopefully, this is over.
    Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04