Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Update and rant

Hi Jenny,

Glad you two had a good nursing session today. :) I agree with you and pp that it's probably not self-weaning... sounds like the poor little dude isn't feeling well & once he's through this then he'll come around. WE certainly understand your feelings and our hearts go out to you. Great decision to keep trying. You're doing the right thing.

I can't believe what that LC told you!!!!!!!! That is absolutely just plain rude and mean! I would definitely expect support, sympathy, and encouragement from a LC! I would try to report her, too. Try another LC if you need to. Want the # of mine??

Hang in there and let us know how things are going.

- J
    DD 2004
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2014 finally!

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: Update and rant

Glad things are looking up. Phooey on that LC!
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

JennyLynn Guest

Default Another update

Phooey is right!

Things have started to get better. With hindsight I really do think that over those two days of rejecting the breast, DS was really just sick and not hungry (and I just kept shoving my boob in his face!) We have moved on from not wanting to nurse at all to a new problem - he is getting his appetite back, but it apparently hurts his ears/throat to nurse. He will latch on, suck a bit, then pull off crying. I have started doing "baby gymnastics" by constantly switching back and forth throughout the nursing session... 25, 30 times, until he is full. My arms are getting tired but my heart is feeling better :)

The silver lining in all of this is, as we start to think about weaning over the next few months, I will cherish every feeding we have left.

I am really grateful for the support I found here that I wasn't getting anywhere else. Thanks so much!!

Jenny

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Shocked and devastated - DS weaning

Just chiming in late to offer some support. You might also consider posting at www.mothering.com/discussions, or doing a search over there on nursing strikes. There are lots of LCs (decent ones) who post there. One other thing we've done when nursing seems to be painful is to give her some Motrin half an hour before we nurse. There are some homeopathics that help, too. Camelia (by Boiron), Belladonna, and Hypericum might be worth a try shortly before you nurse. Hang in there!

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
    Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2