Java is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default WAHHHH - She's back!!!!

After a hiatus of almost 2 years AF finally made an appearance this morning. I actually expected her a couple of months ago since Kael wasn't nursing as much or as long. He's definitely on the road to weaning despite all my efforts to offer. I still nurse to nap and bedtime sleep but he now pops off after a few minutes and uses the ladies as a pillow. For the early morning session, he'll only take one breast and usually won't drain it. <sniff, sniff>

Even knowing that she was on the way, I'm still bummed she actually arrived. I was hoping she forgot about me....

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: WAHHHH - She's back!!!!

Bummer! I think AF is about to visit me again, too. I'm starting to get the grouchy PMS feeling. No AF is one of the great things about extended breastfeeding!

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

jennifer_r is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am, unfortunately, one of those few people who got AF regardless of BFding. I exclusively BF my son and AF returned before he was 2 months; my daughter is a little over 3 months and I got AF on Monday! really bummed over that one. I also am BFing exclusively with her.

I'm jealous of all those moms out there who don't get AF. I was hoping with DD this would be the case, but I guess history repeated itself.

Jennifer

Mom to:
    Christopher 12/29/89
    Adelaide 8/23/04

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

"I think AF is about to visit me again, too. "

Me, too. Then again, since I've been working on < 8 hours of sleep for the last 2 years, I'm pretty b*tchy all the time anyway, so it's hard to tell the difference!

I'm not sure about TTC #2 yet, but my dream would be to skip AF altogether in between :)
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I didn't get it that early, but AF came to me when DD was just over 6 months, right around when I introduced solids. But I exclusively BF'd her until that point and I still do. Sigh. I'm amazed that some of you haven't had AF come back for almost 2 years (or at least over a year!).

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

MolBiol99 Guest

I'm a new mom and I pumped for the first two months. I am curious to know how long it will be before I get my period (AF?) again. I haven't pumped for 3 wks now.

missmelis01 Guest

I am dreading the day that AF comes back to visit me. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy not having it.

But then I think about that stage in our lives when we will be bummed that AF goes away for good......

The grass is always greener!

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

In Feb 2002 I had a visit from AF. Then we found out shortly thereafter that we were expecting. I nursed my DS for 15 months and had my next visit by AF in Feb 2004. She also came to visit in March and April, but in May we found out we were pg again, so I was very fortunate to have only been graced by her presence 3 times since Feb 2002!!! I am planning on BF this one as well, however I am active duty military and will be leaving when the baby is about 6 months old. I plan on pumping while I am away from my family for almost 4 months, but I doubt that that will keep AF away!!

Here's to wishful thinking that she will forget about me while I am away!!

Mariah P.

Java is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I guess I'm pretty lucky then. AF-free since 1/5/03, counting pg months.

She seems to be making up for lost time, though.... no cramps, but heavy heavy flow!

<sigh> I better dust off the BD thermometer and start charting again.