Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Yes...

that DOES look pretty dang strange. I have never seen anything like that before.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: Yes...

To the PP who asked how I know it is "formula," not necessarily EBM in the bottles I see propped at the mall...

I don't really care, kwim? It is wrong to bottle prop IMHO whether it is EBM or formula. I just said I see moms propping bottles...I didn't say I see moms propping bottles full of formula.

If a mom is BFing and pumping and props a bottle I think it is still quite a shame. I never suggested otherwise.

Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Well I need to chime in here because I own a bottle propping bib! Most of the products I have seen are directed at moms with multiple children. I have twins and I breastfeed and formula feed them. *Sometimes when they are both screaming for their food and I can't get them comfortable holding both of them then one gets a propped bottle. Doesn't mean I prop the bottle and leave the room, they are always sitting on my lap or next to me on the couch/bed while I'm holding the other to feed her. So I wouldn't condemn everyone that buys a bottle propping aid and everyone that bottle props. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the way I use it and I'm sure there are lots of other moms who do the same thing.

*You know I was going to edit the sentence above to add in parenthesis "very occasionally" because its true, but I'm not going to feel/act defensive about this, it happens because it needs to and its not hurting anyone.

Tracy

Grace..my big three year old girl.
    Ella and Madeline..my little four month old girls.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think that multiples are exempt! I am very sorry for sounding pretty harsh/judgmental. Lordy knows sometimes 3 hands would help with Toby. If I had twins or triplets I am sure I would need to prop a bottle!
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I certainly agree that yours is a different situation, particularly if it is only occasionally. My problem is that the moms I see propping the bottles are doing it so they can browse the latest fashions at the mall. They just don't want to be bothered to slow down for a few minutes to hold the baby for a bottle. That is sad. Or my neighbor who props the baby's bottle (this baby was about 3 months old when I saw this happen) so she can have a cigarette. That's a whole different scenario.

Sure, when you have 2 you do your best to keep them both happy and if that gives you an extra set of hands once in a while, it is different. I was directing my disgust at the bottle propping population who feels it is "essential" to bottle prop so they can stroll through Macy's without hearing the baby cry.

Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6