Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Is there a way to boost breastmilk supply FAST? (x-posted w/ the lounge)

It's a long story that involves the horrible fortnight I've been having. We have no more breast milk frozen, and I have class for six + hours tomorrow and I'm going to an opera w/ DH tomorrow evening (how I wish he had checked my class schedule before buying the tickets, months ago...). I have 5 oz in the fridge. DH can increase the amount of solids he offers tomorrow, but we'll need more milk anyway.

I'll pump in the morning, and on breaks during class. Any suggestions for fast-acting ways to increase my milk supply (never thought I'd say THAT)? Or are we going to have to try him on a supplement of formula for the day?

(One point in our favour, at least: I have several hours between getting back from class & leaving for the evening.)

Judegirl Guest

Default RE: Is there a way to boost breastmilk supply FAST? (x-posted w/ the lounge)

I answered in the Lounge, but just in case you miss it, and you're awake...drink water! A LOT...Gulp down a gallon if you can and that should boost you at least a little bit...

Jude