Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Best Breast Pads?

What breast pads do you like the best and why? What's the best place to get them? Thanks!
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

Default RE: Best Breast Pads?

I bought washable nursing pads from Motherhood Maternity - I think they were $4 a pair or omething. I also bought some washable ones from Medela - and I like the Medela ones better (softer, washes better, etc).

For disposable, I got a leftover box from a gf of Lanolish (sp?) - the purple box. Those were sooooooo great - they have a gel inside them that swell when they get wet, so they absorb a lot of milk, but are thin (to start with, anyway). I also bought one box of Avent pads, but did not like them. They didn't seem to absorb as much, and were thicker to begin with. Plus, I liked the shape of the Lanolish ones better, too.

I bought all mine from Target, only because that's the one store I go to. I don't knwo where they'd be cheaper.

HTH
    Caroline
    Kaylin 6/5/04

ginalc Guest

I really like Johnson & Johnson. They seem to fit me better and work really well for me.

I know people rave about Lasinoh pads but they caused horrible horrible itching on me. I finally threw them all out.

I found the Johnson & Johnson pads at WalGreen's.

gina, mom to 3
    new baby due 5/05

ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks!
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Also check out Lily Padz--they are reusable and very comfortable! I loved them!

I love the Lansinoh disposables too. I get them at Target.I also found a box of pads by Gerber that came in various thicknesses, thin, medium, heavy, depending on how much absorbency you needed. I used those in the beginning, but have had a hard time relocating the exact same ones.

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

CiderLogan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Another vote for Lansinoh. I tried many different kinds with my major leaking issues and finally decided these were the best. I am intrigued by the Lilypadz, though.... will have to try those next time around.

Jenny
    Mom of Julia, 8/03

proggoddess Guest

I liked the Medela ones. They absorb pretty good, but are thinner than Lansinoh. I didn't have very heavy leaking, so they worked very well for me. The thinness is discreet.

Another vote for Lansinoh. Since I'm on the smaller side, even while engorged :-) I found they fit better and didn't look crumply under my clothes. I like how they are kind of cone shaped.

HTH!
    Lisa

JulesinChicago Guest

I had a LOT of nipple pain in the beginning and felt chafed & irritated by disposable breast pads. I have a stack (maybe 8 pairs?) of the Medela cloth, washable ones. I literally went to BRU and felt all of the different kinds, they were the softest.

They are kind of thick, though, so now I wear Lansinoh disposables when I'm wearing a more fitted top.
    Julie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast