Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Are there any ORGANIC fruit and veggie puffs out there?

Mary --

Our Dominick's carries Veggie Booty (and all/most of the other flavors). It's in the "Natural Foods" section, by the other "natural" chips. I think I've seen it at Jewel, too. The Dom's always seems to be well-stocked, and it seems like the food is selling, too. Not all locations have it -- let me know if you can find it!

It was on sale today, 2/$4. It seems to go on sale fairly frequently!

The Naperville TJs only has Pirate's Booty, too. Odd, they aren't that far away.

mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

hellosmiletoday Guest

Default RE: Are there any ORGANIC fruit and veggie puffs out there?

Yes...they really have a monopoly, at least in FL...the alternative is Winn Dixie (yuck!). And sadly, the nearest whole foods or wild oats to us is 30 (usually 45 min away), and I live in S. Fla. You would think that there would be easy access to an organic grocery food store in such a large city -- but no. Publix lately is getting a pretty good and cheaper variety of generic Publix brand organic foods.

I will be sad to part with Publix when I move soon to NC. But, the trade-off is a closer whole foods. And I'm moving to a more rural area!

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

hapahaolegirl Guest

Default Healthy Times Teddy puffs

I went to Whole Foods yesterday and I found. Healthy Times Teddy puffs. They are organic and seems like a good option. I didn't buy any because DH thought DD was too young for them since it said, "toddler" on the package.
    Here's the link:

http://www.healthytimes.com/htteddypuffs.htm

Has anyone tried these? Do they melt in your mouth at all?

Thank you for all the help!

Kristen

shannonG Guest

Default RE: Healthy Times Teddy puffs

We don't have any of the natural food type grocery stores that are mentioned here where I live...unfortunately. We do have a chain of stores called Wegmans...which has been voted one of the best grocery chains in the USA, but they only have a small organic section. I would love it if we had a Trader Joe's!!!

Anyway, Wegmans does have the Healthy Times Teddy puffs and I was also wondering about them. I also held off because it claims it's for toddlers. Hopefully someone here can help us!! Thanks!

Default RE: Healthy Times Teddy puffs

DS has been eating Healthy Times cereals since he's been 8 months old (he'll be 17 mos tomorrow) and loved them. We've never bought their Teddy Puffs since I prefer for him to snack on fruits but a few of my friends buy them for their kids. So naturally DS tried them as well. They do melt in your mouth and are easy for babies to grasp. They are certainly fine IMO for children under 1 year old.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default mharling!

Mary, just wanted to let you know that we placed an order for both Veggie Booty and Pirates Booty and it arrived today (very fast!). Kaya LOVES the Veggie Booty, and I think she'll love the Pirates Booty as well. When I tried to give her chicken for dinner, she kept pointing to the Veggie Booty bag and refusing her chicken (first time she's ever done that!). She was towards the end of her meal, so I didn't mind, but it was really funny how she just HAD to have some of the Veggie Booty. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif , 14 months & counting
    Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2