Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Finger foods for 10 month old?

In addition to everything already said above.

Black beans
    chickpeas (with the hull removed)
    green beans
    small pieces of chicken (if you're doing meat)
    shredded deli meat (turkey breast is what we do)
    quartered grapes (you may want to peel these at first)

DD is still toothless (well there's one finally poking through) and she does great with all of these.

we're waiting till 1 year for wheat, but I plan to do lots of pasta once we hit one year

Caroline
    Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

holliam Guest

Ah yes, I forgot about beans, grapes, avocado..there are so many choices!

We're doing wheat already because DD was exposed to it pretty early on in her cereal in Guatemala with her foster family. Pasta is a big hit!

Holli

Holli, I swear half of me wishes I didn't know what I know about allergies so I could just give DD wheat now. I'm going to do a happy dance when she can have pasta and tortillas and bread and . . .

We're also waiting on eggs because she immediately threw up egg yolk when I gave it to her at 9 months. The ped kind of gave me a lecture on it and said "on no we always recommend no eggs till one year", um yeah you should have given me a sheet with that on it if that's what you thought!! The one potential allergen that I'm not cautious on of course was a problem ;-)

Caroline

holliam Guest

Oh, believe me if she hadn't been exposed to so much before coming home, I'd be worried too. It's hard not knowing what/if any biological history she might have. If she were our bio daughter, I would know to expect allergies to everything! :P

I thought it was just egg whites we are supposed to avoid. Hrm. So am I making DH separate her egg yolks from whites for her scrambled eggs for nothing? He has quite the setup involving a funnel.

Holli

no, you're totally right it is supposed to just be egg whites. EVERYTHING I've read says that! Our ped just mentioned that they've seen lots of babes have trouble tummy with the yolks before one year. I didn't word what I meant very well.I say keep it up with teh funnel set-up for a few more months '-)

I'm also quite impressed to hear in other posts how well Mari is doing with cruising and walking with the walker wagon. Ellie is just starting to figure out her walker wagon within the past day or so, but our house is tiny so she keeps getting mad because she hits a wall pretty quickly :-)

Caroline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2