Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ribbit1019 Guest

Default RE: I can't believe I gave in to the PACI...

Well as you can see from my siggie we are just recently Paci free. DD was seriously hooked to the darn thing.
    I did not want to go the whole Pacifier route, but broke down at about 4 weeks, because of PPD I was FREAKING out. (didn't know why then, but I know now) My mom recognized that we were having a hard time and gave DD a pacifier. Sigh....was the worst couple of days for me, but eventually I got used to it.
    FFW 11 months and I had enough of the bink. DD would recognize it, crawl across the room to stick it in her mouth etc. I could tell that it was not something she needed to calm herself. Around her first birthday I notice that she was going to sleep with out it. Mostly attributed to CIO that we were using to get her down at night. Boredom seemed to be the only reason she wanted it. Not acceptable to me anymore so I weaned her from it and she had her bink for the last time right before bed on Tuesday night.
    She has gone three days and hasn't even shown any signs of missing it too terribly. That tells me even more that it was time to get rid of it. It was very important to me that she be off the bink before she could get upset that she didn't have it.
    BTW: DH was totally against weaning her from the bink, but I did it anyway. And she is still nursing 1-2 times a day....
    Hugs, I;ve been there.
    Christy
    Maddy - binkie free as of 6/28/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
    Grow Baby Grow!
    http://lilypie.com/days/060224/4/0/0/-5.png

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You may be right as to why hth
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html
    Eden 9/04

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Don't beat yourself up Marcy...it certainly seems like in your case it might be a tool to help establish nursing. Plus, some babies just have a really strong need to suck, all the time! Ds was one of these...I do remember the trauma involved over deciding to paci or to not paci. In any case, I had latch issues, so it didn't help us much, but we overcame them, he got his paci back and slept peacefully for hours at night with it...until he gave it up at 5 months! I know, it sounds impossible, but he did. I think he realized at that point he'd rather nurse all night instead. LOL.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Marcy_O Guest

Edensmum, thanks for the article! i'll definitely finish reading it. Bright does a lot of those things. He doesn't always gag and choke, but he does bite and pull off quite frequently as well as is gassy and obviously refusing to nurse. We haven't tried it in a couple of days as he's been really congested. Like he's had a cold and I just assumed he'd definitly not go for it then. But he's sounding better now (of course! The weekend is almost over and I can make an appointment with the doctor!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2