Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default RE: Three cheers for MMEand1-She deserves her own thread!!!!!!!

YES!! YAHOOO for Mariah!! Your dedication is nothing short of inspiring, lady!!

kath68 Guest

Default RE: Three cheers for MMEand1-She deserves her own thread!!!!!!!

Mariah -- you are truly amazing. I meant to say this earlier, so I am glad this thread is here. I am so impressed with you.

If you ever need any support, give a holler this way.

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default **UPDATE**Just made my first shipment!

I just got back from FedEx and $146.53 later, my first shipment of mama's milk is on it's way. I sent a 40qt cooler (ice chest) containing 101 Gerber bags (each individually zip-locked in case of leaks) and 1 bottle that froze before I had a chance to put its contents in a bag. It is suppossed to be delivered by noon tomorrow! I pray that it gets there and everything is still frozen.

I woke up this morning around 0230 to find that the electricity was out in my room as well as all the other rooms around me. Whe I got up at 0600 (to pump of course) I found the electricity still out, but fortunatly, my pump can also run off batteries, so off to pumping I went. At lunch, we were told that it might not be until late tonight until they get it fixed, but when I got home from school at 4:30, it was back on. All the milk was still frozen, so no worries as I made sure not to open the freezer until I knew I was ready to start packing everything up.

I will let you all know how the shipment goes.

Thanks again for the kind words of support and all the wonderful advice!
    Mariah P.
    I feel as though I have mad (pumping) cow disease...!!!

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: **UPDATE**Just made my first shipment!

Woohoo! 101 bags of milk! Awesome job Mama! 101 bags of milk in the chest, 101 bags of milk...take one out, give it to DD, 100 bags of milk in the chest... :P

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca..._4_Kaya+is.png

Lovingliv is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: **UPDATE**Just made my first shipment!

Mariah, Just wondering how the shipment went? Was it still frozen when it reached DC? Is there any way to save money shipping (discount for being in the service)?
    Hope your days are flying by!

MMEand1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: **UPDATE**Milk made it home to DD

Sorry I have not responded sooner (I only get to get online once or twice a week).

YES!!!! The milk made it just fine. My DH said that everything was still frozen and he got it before noon (I sent it out at 5pm on Tuesday and it was delivered before noon Wednesday!).

I spoke with him the other night and he found another 20 or so bottles in the freezer that I had pumped before I left and he has not even started using the shipped milk.

I'm worried that my DD is not drinking enough. She is only taking 4-5 bottles a day (each bottle is between 3 and 5 ounces). My DH was worried too, but he said that after he gave her an extra bottle, it all came back up. So, maybe she really is getting enough. She is gaining weight and has been eating cereal for a month (started her at 6 months), but I still worry. I guess it's because I'm not there:(

Hope everyone is doing well and is getting ready for kids to head back to school. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I always know that there's a wonderful group of ladies here that I can turn to.

Mariah P.

Lovingliv is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: **UPDATE**Milk made it home to DD

I am so glad the milk made it home in good shape! It sounds like you are keeping up with her milk demands. I just returned to work this week and had so much anxiety about being able to pump enough. But so far, so good. My daughter is just about 4 months and is taking three 4 ounce bottles in the 10 hours I am gone. That is just to give you an idea,,,,although I know all babys are different. Plus your lil one is eating cereal!
    It must be hard to be away....but just think you are one day closer to being home than you were yesterday!
    Keep up the good work! Keep us posted!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3