Default ?......little white spots on nipple

I've been exclusively pumping for DD for 3 months now. For about 2 months or so (that I can remember), I've had tiny little white spots on my nipples. Is this normal? It looks like dried milk right in the middle of my nipple. I've read a lot on this board and kellymom about plugged ducts and milk blisters. There isn't skin growing over the white spots like the picture on kellymom. I don't have any pain and I don't have any supply issues. I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced the same thing. I don't *think* it's a big deal, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Also, do you think it's a good idea for me to take lecithin?
    TIA!!!

Marcy_O Guest

Default RE: ?......little white spots on nipple

Is it actually on your nipple nipple? Or on the areola? I get little white spots on my areola all the time. Everyone says these are normal. If you're not experiencing pain, it's probably not thrush either. LC said that sometimes little milk crystals can get caught in your nipple too after your done nursing, but they aren't permanent. I'd get it checked if they are staying there - unless it's on the areola not your actual nipple...

VClute is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: ?......little white spots on nipple

It sounds like a milk blister to me, in which case I think the advice is to do nothing. As long as there's no pain, I wouldn't worry about it.

Amy in NC
    mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05