Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default RE: I have the ultimate solution!!!

Thank you for starting this thread and for all of the posts! It was perfect timing. We brought our daughter home from Taiwan last month and are newbies to the whole bottlefeeding business (my son was breastfed for two years). During this first month of bottlefeeding, I have been so frustrated by the bubbles. The orphanage gave us Taiwanese formula which we used for the first two weeks and then started using Enfamil which has produced horrible bubbles. I was starting to think I was doing something really wrong, but wasn't sure what to do. Thanks for the ideas. I will try to find a generic formula (we have been shocked by how expensive formula is!)and perhaps try adding Mylicon. Does the Mylicon change the taste of the formula? Are there any side effects to using it on a daily basis?

Thanks again!

Default RE: I have the ultimate solution!!!

From what I have found, there are no side effects to this medication. Scroll down a bit at this site and side effects are listed. It says there are not any:

http://www.drugs.com/cons/Mylicon_Drops.html

I have found that it tends to constipate my DD even though I have been told that it shouldn't. I just don't think it's coincidence that she has problems with constipation whenever we use it. That is the only problem we have had. The Mylicon (we use a generic) has a little sweet taste, but you only use a couple drops - not enough to change the taste or to be noticeable.

HTH,

shburks is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: How can you avoid all those bubbles when making bottle from powder?

We used that battery operated formula stirrer from BRU. Sounded like a waste of money but was a lifesaver. SEems like it mixed well without lots of bubbles. I just rain the whisk end under hot hot water afterwards.

Susan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3