Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Freeze dried fruits (and possibly veggies)

Wow, thank you Barbie! I love those freeze dried fruits, but because they are quite $$$ I don't get them often. Those are great prices though. My only worries is that I will end up eating too much!

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

Yup, I've been snacking on them myself... which was NOT the original intent, LOL
    Barbie

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

sigh. I'm such a follower. :P

I just placed an order for apples, strawberries and peaches. Now I just need to figure out how to keep them fresh for however long it will take us to eat them. (I'm thinking a foodsaver might be in my future...) It would make sense to eat one container at a time, but that's really not going to happen. I was totally amazed at the shipping price. That's fantastic!

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Quick question

These aren't organic, are they? I assume they would be much pricier if they were organic? I asking mostly because I think if we were to get these, we'd be eating a lot of them and the strawberries would definitely be a much sought after snack. But of course, strawberries are on the list of the dirty dozen as are apples. :(

We're actually not that die-hard about buying organic (we try as much as possible but will also mix and match), but I know if we got these, we'd eat a lot of it.

Sigh. It's so hard. Sigh.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca...-6_Kaya+is.png
    Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

Default RE: Quick question

They are not organic... it is a choice you have to make :(
    Barbie

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks! I love the gerber ones, but prefer not to give them money for the small amount if possible.
    I just ordered the apples, peaches, peas, carrots for dd and the strawberries for me. She is 18 motnhs so should be able to do the veggies, but she is still to you to intro strawberries. Our dr told us it's a big allergy concern and to wait till 3! You guys aren't having any issues with this?
    Eden 9/04

My Ava is 11 months - no problems with the strawberries. The more research I did into them, I discovered it is the *acid* content that is problematic (just like citrus) and often not a true allergy (though there *are* allergy issues). Anyway, I am not going nuts with allergy concerns ... I am one of those that thinks that sometimes we *cause* allergies by being so very hyper-vigilant. Everything in moderation... that is what is working for us.

Kind regards,
    Barbie

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Love the strawberries and peaches

So I ordered the strawberries and peaches. They are very yummy! Thanks for sharing this Barbie. I don't think getting them stale will be a problem. Our only problem is that both DS and I eat too much of these! LOL.

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

Default So glad you updated...

I would have totally missed this post if you hadn't updated. My son is just now 4.5months and I am beginning to look ahead... Thanks Stephani and thanks Barbie for the wonderful find!

kelly ann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Eileen - An organic choice...

I don't know how these compare in prices/size, but here is some freeze dried organic fruits:

http://tinyurl.com/qn8vw

Free shipping on orders over $25

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast