Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: If you breastfeed, would you feel odd about a toy bottle?

I do feel odd about the bottles. Ironically, while still extended-breastfed, Ds got his first doll with a bottle and he was very into feeding it. I thought it was cute but did make it disappear once the novely wore off. Ironically HE refused the bottle very early on.

Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

I'm a grandma and can give you my long term observation. I BF 3 kids to over a year each. My 2 daughters both played with bottles and pretended to BF. One now has a 10 mo. still nursing and she has no plans to stop. So playing with a doll bottle did not thwart her "natural instincts" at all! LOL

hmm... i have a good friend due in 6 weeks with her first. don't know gender yet... i wonder if i should consider getting her a doll if she has as girl. maybe for the first birthday instead? her baby is biracial. will you please tell me which is your fav biracial doll so i can have the info on hand!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

I wanted to reply to the "doll sized boppy". They kind of do make one - the tummy boppy is what we use. It's a perfect size for my older daughter to use as her boppy for her dolls.

Michelle
    Mom to Alia born 5/16/02 and Kira born 7/30/05

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3