balvaheath Guest

Default BOTTLES THAT FIT AMEDA PURELY YOURS PUMP

Has anyone had success finding cheap bottles that fit the Ameda Purely Yours Pump? Dreading buying the Ameda ones, which I can't find anywhere except online.

Thanks!!

Beatriz
    expecting FDD 6/16/06!

kusiakje Guest

Default RE: BOTTLES THAT FIT AMEDA PURELY YOURS PUMP

They seem to have the same fit as the Medela. I had some Medela bottles that went with a hospital grade pump that I rented before buying the PY.

Later, I started using the Playtex drop-ins with their pump converter. Those worked really well also, and limited washing, which I very much preferred.

Have you bought your PY yet? I found a really good deal somewhere awhile back that included the tote bag and 6 bottles. I wanna say it was like $135. So, you might try froogle or bizrate to see if you can find a deal to cut down on the number of bottles you need.

HTH,
    Jessica
    Mom to Katarina (DOB 9/16/05)

balvaheath Guest

Thanks Jessica! I'll try those those Playtex drop-ins since I already have the pump and 6 bottles....am looking for some more to store milk in since i'll be pumping for when I go back to work.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used the standard Evenflo ones with no problem. I did buy some Dr. Brown's caps though for transporting since I don't like the disk/ring setup.

HTH

Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

jestagrl79 Guest

Circo bottles from Target fit the Ameda Purely Yours. I actually got 8 ounce bottles, because I was sick and unable to nurse, so I was pumping a LOT of milk. But regardless, they do work well.

Meg

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I bought a used PY pump on ebay and the seller included the cheapie colored plastic Gerber bottles. The listing said they fit the pump. I didn't use them though so I'm not 100% positive but they are pretty inexpensive so maybe you can get a pack and try them.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used Gerber with mine a few years ago.

-Rachel
    Mama to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...ethyst_36m.gif
    Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
    10/19/05
    http://www.mothering.com/discussions...smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
    Maya

any of the regular bottles will fit it. Evenflo, Gerber, and those cheap store brands at WalMart and Target.

I found the best deals on the Evenflo at Target because they sold them without the nipples, which you don't need if you are using them for storage.

Even the cheap bottles get expensive though. It's better to use the breastmilk storage bags. Pump into the bottles that came with the pump, pour into the bags, close the ziploc and lay them flat to freeze. Easy, cheap, and they thaw quickly.

If you use Playtex disposable bottles, you can put the bag directly into them to freeze.

Or, you can just pump directly into the bags. The Purely Yours pump has a ridge where you use a twist tie to hold the bag while you are pumping into it.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

They also sell an adapter for Avent bottles that will allow you to pump into those if that's what you use.

By the way, if you get the taller bottles, 8 oz size, you can rest them on your thighs while you pump and do it essentially hands free.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!