Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: i think we weaned. i have mixed feelings. but i think i am sad.

Another person tearing up here. I stopped pumping for my DS's bedtime bottle (it was taking me 3 days to get the 5-6 oz he takes at bedtime) two days ago and I can't bring myself to pack the pump up. My DD self weaned at 8 1/2 months so while it was sudden, I didn't have to think about it. And while I think I'll nurse Luke for several more months, he's only nursing 2-3x during the day now and given I'm pretty sure he's our last, I'm starting to get sad about the idea of weaning.

Congratulations again...I know it's bittersweet, but you should be so proud.

Jen
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Hugs, Liza. And congrats on a job well done. It's sad no matter when it happens or how it happens.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Hugs to you Liza and congrats on nursing Dylan for 16 months! FWIW, I totally hear you on the last nursing session being bittersweet. When Luke weaned I was SO over it being pregnant and all so I felt guilty that I wanted to quit but sad that it was so easy and he was obivously ready too. I guess this is just one of the many ways that we will have to let our little babies grow up and move on throughout the years, but it doesn't make it any easier for mama.
    Jen

Mama to Luke (9/04) and Dex (5/06)

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Liza, congratulations on a gentle end to a successful nursing relationship. It is bittersweet, and you should allow yourself to feel sad about it, because that's natural. But also feel very proud, because you deserve to.

Gwen weaned abruptly, too - in the morning, she didn't ask to nurse as usual, and later that day, I found out I was pregnant. I was SO ready to be done, but I wasn't prepared, kwim? Later I read an essay called "I would have held on longer," and that's exactly how I felt. I "missed" her last nursing session, because I didn't know it would be her last.

Ahh, the bittersweet joys of motherhood. I suspect it's the first of many such moments.

Big hugs.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

** Want a penpal for your BBB kiddo? Send an email to:
    [email protected] **

essnce629 Guest

If he is done, then congrats for nursing so long! With that said, however, at 21 months old, Conner went on a 10 DAY nursing strike then asked to nurse again like nothing had happened! When it happened I was really surprised, since it was out of the blue and I was sure I'd reach my goal of 2 years. During those 10 days I'd ask him all the time if he wanted any "milkies" and he'd always say "No." On day 10, however, he asked for "milkies" again and we started nursing again. He went on to nurse for 3 more months until he finally weaned for good right after his second birthday. So who knows....

***Latia
    Birth and Postpartum Doula

Conner 8/19/03 (homebirthed water baby)
    http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif Self-weaned at 24 months!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2