Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default RE: What the heck???

This story is so upsetting! I cannot imagine how you can concentrate on your job when you cannot trust that your child is being fed!!

My daughter is in daycare. We left our first daycare after 6 weeks and in hindsight, I think we stuck it out too long. I just felt that we had no other options after we chose the "best" place in our town for her. You have to trust your gut...good luck with your decision.

Let us know what happens!!

Chris
    Mom to 2

sloneta Guest

Default RE: Daycare is quite an adjustment food wise

Maybe I am being harsh, but I would report the incidents to the state. That would prompt an investigation and at least make them evaluate their procedures. I know everyone can have an off day, but a whole room forgetting to feed a child is unacceptable.

I'm sorry you and your ds are going through this. We've been extremely lucky w/ our daycare and I know how hard it would be to go to work and not feel completely confident in your kiddos care.

Our infant classroom has a crib for each child's naptime and they have the parents tell them what the child's eating schedule is. They post this along with a picture on each crib. They also use a dry erase board like pp said. When we bring the baby in, they ask when he last ate and how much and then adjust and write that days schedule for each child on the dry erase board. Each feeding/nap gets marked off the board as it occurs and marked on the daily report sheet w/ the dcp initials. They also initial each diaper change.

What kind of protocal does this daycare have? I would think it would be chaotic to take care of several children w/o a great deal of organization.

Again, I'm so sorry you are having to deal w/ this. I hope you are able to resovle things or find a daycare that you feel confident in.

Good Luck!!!

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They have documentation in the form of a daily sheet that I fill out with when he woke up, was diapered and ate. I also write the schedule I expect them to feed him on. I also go through the food menu for the week and circle what he can eat for breakfast and lunch.

After my last conversation with them, they've posted a laminated schedule for him on the cabinet door.

The daily sheet is a compilation of everything and they looked at it for diapering and solids. No-one checked the milk column.

They've been good all week, so I hope it continues that way.
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3