Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: HELP!!!!! Projectile vomiting from formula!!!!!!

wow - your doctor sounds totally off. sounds like your baby had a reaction to the formula.

friends as well as my pediatrician recommended a slow introduction - mix 1/4, then 1/2, then 3/4 formula with EBM until you get to 100% formula. my DD hated enfamil and wouldn't even go near the bottle. the ped said to try the Nestle Good start - it is sweeter and less smelly, it also is easier on the babies stomachs from what i understand. anyways, we're up to 50/50 EBM / Formula.

good luck

mommy2cutieboys Guest

Thanks for the advice. I went out and bought the 3 oz. glass conatainers of Nestle Good Start (orange label). DH tried to give him a bottle today and he played with it for about 30 minutes, but no crying. He drank about 2 oz. and stopped, but no crying and no vomiting, so far!!! The slow intro. makes soooooo much sense, feel kind of dumb for putting him through that ordeal!! I hope this works!! Keeping my fingers crossed : )

Thanks,
    Sandra

>He also said it was probably
    >a virus but his CBC was normal, conclusion - NO VIRUS!!!

Actually, a CBC will only detect bacterial infections (if there is bacteria in the blood) that can be treated with antibiotics. My oldest seemed to pick up lots of illnesses when he was younger and our former ped did a CBC EVERY time and it was always clear and she deemed it viral.

DD (2 months) had a virus a couple of weeks ago with vomiting and it was very frightening. My ped said that as long as she would nurse, to keep doing it and not to worry unless she stopped eating altogether. She threw up after about every 2 feedings, but was fine within 24 hours.

Looks like you're over whatever it was, but it sounds like a really bad bug to me.. Just my $.02.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2