Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default bath tub question

Ok I know this is the wrong forum, but you all have been so helpful with so many of my solid feeding questions, I really trust your advice. I have been bathing DD (now 6.5 months old) twice a week in a plastic tub on the kitchen counter, but it is finally time to move to the blowup bathtub in the regular bathtub I think, since she splashes almost all the water out on the kitchen counter now these days. But I can't find anywhere to tell me when it is that you start bathing kids more frequently. She gets "sweaty" usually every day during her walks, so I was thinking that it was time to move to an every other day schedule but I wanted to hear some validation. Any recommendations? Thanks, Jill

Default RE: bath tub question

i have to give my baby a bath every night because he sweats alot. he is 8 months now, but i have been bathing him every night for a while now. it is part of his bedtime ritual and he LOVES it.

WE JUST MOVED FROM THE COUNTER TO THE TUB FOR THAT EXACT REASON-SHE SPLASHES TOO MUCH H2O ALL OVER. i'VE BEEN GIVING HER A BATH EVERY NIGHT FOR 3 MONTHS. Oops sorry didn't see the caps lock on.

She actually needs a different tub. I think I have a fisher price something. But the seat is too shallow & she scoots her butt over the little hump & slides down on her back. I can't let go for 1 second.

We haven't had any issues w/ a bath every night-my DD really needs the ritual so that she knows it's bedtime.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've never given my kids a bath every night, mostly b/c I'm lazy!! Really, though, they have sensitive skin, so I've always been afraid to bathe them too much. Unless they have been extremely sweaty, or have sunscreen on, I bathe them every other day to every third day (again, depending on how motivated I am!).

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I give my DS a bath just about every night, because I bathe mine together and DD needs a bath every night (but I don't wash her hair but 2 times a week, just rinse). Anyhow, from about 6w-now, he's been using the daphne bath seat and been perfectly content. LOVE that thing! However, he's pretty active and crawling and pulling up and he isn't staying in it very well anymore so I've ordered the dream baby bath seat and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival :).
    With DD, starting at 7 months she was sitting up in the tub. However, she didn't crawl until almost 11 months and I never recall her trying to crawl in the tub. But DS is so active, and still so young, that he would just not understand and happily crawl into the water and with 2 I need him contained. If it was just him I'd just let him sit in the water and make it shallower.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

I just wash Leah when she's dirty... up to 6 months that might have been once a week (sounds gross, in retrospect, lol)...but as soon as eating started and she started rubbing food in her hair, she's been in the bath every night. I also find that's the most convenient place to brush her teeth, so getting her in there every night is a good reminder...but mostly it's to get the food out of her hair :D. We just do a shallow tub (used the blowup one once before she was sittng up really well, but the regular bath worked for my other kids, and it workd for her, too...so I didn't feel bad when it got a hole :D)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

Thanks for all the great replies. I don't get home from work until 6 or so, and then I feed her dinner (yummy solids) and try to get my husband and I some food, walk the dogs usually with baby in tow, and try to have just a few minutes of playtime with her and it seems like it is time for bedtime bottle at 7:30. Last night we did get a brief bath (but no walk with the dogs, which made me sad). I think I probably need to ask our nanny to start feeding her dinner... as much as I like to be there for it, I would rather have playtime with her. Still, she does like the bath and it is good to have that in the routine. Thanks again!!

Julie, I just saw your reply, thanks. Oh I have been bad -- Sadie has had two bottom teeth since 4 months and I still haven't brushed them (or rubbed them with gauze) and I completely forgot to ask the ped about that at our 6 month check up. I guess we need to add that to our nighttime routine too!! Luckily we haven't gotten food in our hair yet, but just this morning for the first time she discovered that indeed the spoon is quite flingable.... I think before she might have thought it was just an extension of my hand. So I think our feeding times are about to get much more eventful... :)

Just get her a little tootbrush to chew on once a day or so...that's all I did with my other kids and they were trouble free...Leah...sigh, I've been bad too, and now I'm in for $419 of her getting sedated and cavities filled and more guilt than I can handle, so I'm on a 'brush those teeth young and often!' crusade this week :/.
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

Just had to chime in that it seemed to me whenever I needed to add another new thing into the night or morning routine that I would *never* be able to do it all!

But, it all seems to come together, solids, "real food"(what am I going to feed this kid??), teeth(but we are not good at doing it in the morning :( , baths, potty awareness time, the list goes on! But, I did realize after each new hurdle that we made it through :

Good luck with fitting it all in before bedtime!
    Chris :)
    Mom to 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast