Default Clarification about rules for vendors

Hi there, I am a long-time member of the boards and am about to purchase an existing commercial website for selling baby carriers. According to the acceptable use policy, I have to disclose this in my siggie, which is fine. The policy also states that vendors are not allowed to post unless they are answering a specific claim or question about their product. I have been posting in the Carriers forum for years. Does this mean I will no longer be allowed to voice opinions on products (whether my own or others?). I'd like to have some clarification on this so that I can do the right thing.

Thanks!

Laurel
    Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

Default RE: Clarification about rules for vendors

Laurel-

You can voice opinions about products, you just can't egregiously push your wares.

For example, if somebody posts a question about whether they should consider a Bjorn or a pouch, you can answer honestly.

You can say that the XYZ Company pouch is way better than a Bjorn. I love this, this, this and this about it. But you CAN'T say ***and by the way, here's where you can find it online and provide your URL. Also you can't have your URL in your sigline - just the name of your company.***

Now, if somebody else answers the same thread, THEY can say, the XYZ rocks, and you can find it at Laurelsbabywearbonanza.com (or whatever your URL is ;) ). Make any sense?

It's kind of a fine line. We really do appreciate you asking for clarification. If we can answer any other questions, please feel free to email one of the Mods. Alan and Denise aren't always online and I don't always remember to check this forum. Emails or PMs are the fastest way to get a response.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Default RE: Clarification about rules for vendors

Thanks! That clarifies a lot. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

:)

Laurel
    Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA