Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    luvtoshop Guest

Default ***Co-op details*** Joys Waldorf Dolls

Ok...Joy is looking forward to working with us and here are the details:

We, as a BBB group, will need to spend a total of $500 after a 30% discount on CUSTOM dolls (except for Heavy Baby, Mermaid & Centaur). If 6 items from ANY individual category on her website are ordered, then there will be a 20% discount applied to those items. For example: 2 bassinets + 2 Moses baskets + 2 bedding sets = 6 items purchased from the Carriage and Bedding category = 20% discount for all items.

Categories:
    Waldorf Doll Kits & Patterns
    Doll Clothes Patterns
    Doll Clothing
    Carriage & Bedding
    Doll Making Supplies

You can place your order at:

http://www.joyswaldorfdolls.com/

PLEASE do not forget to put BBB in the Special Instructions box.

You have the option of paying by credit card or mailing a check to Joy--Go through the ordering process and then select your form of payment through the secure server.

At the end of the co-op Joy will go through the orders and email everyone their final total + shipping, etc. She will not process the order (run your credit card) until she gets confirmation from you.

I know that some of you may be thinking....."Well, I'd like the carriage IF it's discounted, but I don't know if it's one of the items that will receive a discount." I suggest that you order everything that you want so that all sales will be accounted for and discount given, and if an item is not discounted at the end of the co-op you will be able to cancel it, if you choose to not pay full price, when Joy contacts you before processing your order.

NO DISCOUNT will be applied to the Centaur doll, Mermaid doll & Heavy Baby.

I forgot to ask about the Limited Edition dolls. Will get back to you on that...

If you only order things that are in stock, they will be shipped immediately. If you order a custom doll + things that are in stock, they will be shipped together when the custom doll is complete. If you'd like 2 separate shipments, you will have to pay 2 shipping costs---please indicate that in the Special Instructions box and Joy will add that to your total.

Custom dolls will take 4-6 weeks from confirmation of order.

There are only 2 bassinets in stock. So, get your order in asap if that's something you're interested in.

Co-op Dates: March 1 - 17 (midnight - Pacific)

I am going to take the questions that I can't answer and put them into one email for Joy. I will post her responses accordingly.

If you have any specific questions regarding ordering or customizing your doll, you may email her at
    [email protected]
    She will be out of town March 18 - 20th.

ETA: If you would like your custom doll as a birthday gift and the timeline might be cutting it close. Be sure to place your order asap and let Joy know in the Special Instructions box the date you are needing your doll. She will do her best to get it to you in time.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy shopping!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: ***Co-op details*** Joys Waldorf Dolls

Ok, just to clarify. If I want to order a doll kit, I do NOT qualify for the 30% discount, but if 5 other people order a doll kit then I would qualify for the 20% discount on that part of the order. If I also order clothing but there are not a total of 6 orders from that category then I would only get the discount on the doll kit.

In order to get the 30% discount on custom dolls, there needs to really be about $720 worth of custom doll orders.

Am I getting this right? Just want to be sure before I make the pitch to DH.

Thank you so much for setting this up.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

mommyj_2 Guest

Thanks so much for organizing this. Here's what I ordered:

1 13" Little Love Custom Doll
    1 pair of pajamas (blue stripe)
    1 moses basket

I'm so excited to be able to get one of these! Thanks again.

nitaghei Guest

Similar question here. Doll kits (which is what I'm interested in) would be 20% off, max, right?

I'm considering ordering 3 kits - if anyone else is on the fence! :) So it might not be hard to get up to 6.

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sandra,
    I think you mentioned in the initial thread that you might see about asking Joy for some age recommendations. I'd love it if she could offer some guidance! Would you mind seeing if she'd give age reccs for the dolls available in the co-op? (I thought it would be better if you asked than if I bothered her!) Thanks so much for arranging this!

luvtoshop Guest

Hi: I forwarded these questions to Joy and here are her answers...HTH

Q: How do I know which dolls are appropriate for which ages?

Answer from Joy: Each Custom doll has a suggested age posted. People need to read about each doll to determine what they think their child needs out of the doll. Many of the dolls appeal to diverse ages, though. Babies get annoyed with mohair wigs like the mohair cut-loop and longer loose styles. If one wants a longer style, then, I suggest braiding the hair before giving to their baby or those that can't take care of it well. The 10" Bunting Babies are wonderful first dolls for the 8 month old to 3 year old. Children can't change the doll clothes well enough without help until they are about 4. The best advise I can give is that the mother and even the father model the behavior with the doll as if it were alive. Sometimes, holding back on handing the doll over to the child for a few days so that the child can watch you take care of the doll can be wonderful learning tool. I know a kindergarten teacher who took care of the new baby doll for one whole week before allowing the children to take care of it. By that time, both boys and girls were vying for this 14" Baby Companion.

Q: Do any of you know what would be the advantages/disadvantages of a button doll over a little love or companion doll?

Answer from Joy: I suggest the Baby Companion and Little Love over the Button-jointed dolls for added sturdiness especially for the 1- 4 year olds. It can be unsettling for the baby/toddler to see the limbs of a doll to go around and around in circles and not understand how to set them right. I repair more Button-jointed dolls than any others combined. Some children are very gentle with their dollies, so, this point can be taken as a generality.

luvtoshop Guest

Hi Veronica....yes, you are correct. I would pitch it to your dh this way.."I am receiving a discount on these items, etc..." Assume that there is a discount b/c I really don't think we'll have a problem meeting the minimums. AND, if for some reason we don't, then you can tell dh that the discount fell through and that you are not ordering them...There is always the option to back out if the discount is not given before processing the order.

I think I'll check with Joy in a few days to see what minimums we have met. For example...with this discount, I'm now considering ordering 2 Companion dolls. I was in the market for one for my baby's 1st birthday, but now I must also get one for my 2.5 year old. : )

Good luck! I've already sold dh. All I have to say is "discount" to him and he's in. : )

luvtoshop Guest

Correct....I agree, think we'll get to 6 no problem....

luvtoshop Guest

Those PJ's are soo cute. Maybe we should start a thread where people post what they are purchasing, so one will feel comfortable knowing that we're getting close to our minimums. : )

I keep going to the site trying to decide what I need/want...definitely getting a Moses basket with the dolls. Can't decide on clothes. : )

luvtoshop Guest

Default Answers from Joy in above post

Sorry, forgot to change subject....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast