Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default RE: ***Co-op details*** Joys Waldorf Dolls

Thanks, Veronica! I did pull those up and would have gone with the short bouclez loop 2 (very cute!) in lieu of the dreds, but DH was in charge of selecting the hairstyle, and he chose the other.

Honestly, my personal favorite was the mohair cap. DD's hair was just like that when she was born. But, since I got to pick eye color and Roley chose the hair color, I deferred to DH and his desire for dreds. Who would have thought I would be so consumed with these choices!

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

sarasmom Guest

I am going to order a 10" sister doll for my 18month old. What is the difference between the mohair and wool/mohair? They look the almost the same to me on the web site.
    TIA
    Carol
    SARA'S MOM

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think wool/mohair is more of a "traditional" yarn look, while mohair would be more of the fuzzy mohair look. HTH
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

QNP is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

First off, a bunch of thanks to Sandra for organizing this co-op!
    Also, thanks to all the ladies who posted in this thread. What you consider as 'rambling' is actually very useful and thoughtful info that helped me in selecting the dolls for my DD.

I ordered :
    Sister doll w/brown eyes, short brunette mohair loop (this hairstyle is just too cute! Looks exactly like DD's when she was born)
    Honey doll w/brown eyes, long multi-styling brunette mohair

Hopefully the Sister doll will become her Lovey. The Honey doll is just a wee big for my 6 mo DD, so I will be babysitting her for DD for a while. ;)

BTW, new hairstyles and dresses are now up on Joy's website.

Happy playing!

Yeah!!! I just put my order in for a 14" companion baby, 3 piece knit outfit and a moses basket. I hope enough people ordered kits so I can get a discount too. I'm so excited to get started making the doll. So if our DC's are too young to name the babies, do we get to or what do we call them until the DC's are old enough? Silly question I know. Anyhow what are you guys naming your child's doll?
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

luvtoshop Guest

Default Update: Co-op dates extended and more....

Hello! So glad that everyone has been happy with this co-op experience.

Joy has extended the deadline here is her message:

"I would like to extend the deadline for Co-op orders to Tuesday, March 22nd. The webdesign is taking longer than I had expected and I need the time on Thursday for processing our general orders and to put the last minute orders together for doll workshop trip to Ann Arbor, MI. Please let the co-op know that I will be out of town from the 18th -21st. My assistant will be in on Friday and Monday to print out the orders, answer the phone and ship general orders or orders that need to be out for Easter."

Categories who have reached their minimum:
    Dolls
    Baskets/Bassinets
    Kits

Real close on the Clothes category
    Plenty of bassinets (she found more)

SOLD OUT: Sale price Cherry dress

Default RE: Update: Co-op dates extended and more....

It seems as though she isn't waiting until Tuesday to process the orders. I noticed on Thursday that the money in my account was tagged (at the discount price!!) but technically it's still there. I never received anything except the original order notice. Then today I was tracking another package I'm waiting for, and that info got replaced by Joy's info, and the best part is it should get here today!!!! I wasn't expecting it until later next week. It's like Christmas; I did a happy dance in my office. Now I'm just waiting for the UPS guy. Happy me, Happy me.

Anyhow, the point of this wasn't to gloat, but to let everyone know that the orders (well, probably not the custom dolls) are going out.

ETA- Never mind, I guess it won't get here until Monday. It says out for delivery, but down further it says delivery due on the 21st. :(
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Did anyone get their dolls yet? My credit card was charged on March 24, so I assume everything I ordered was discounted since I never got an email confirmation. But nothing has arrived yet.

I figured I would ask here before I bother her with an email, to see if everyone else is in the same situation.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

nitaghei Guest

Karen,

I ordered a kit, and I actually got a confirmation email from Joy showing the discount. According to UPS tracking, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. I ordered on the last day of coop. Isn't the turnaround time for the dolls much longer, though?

HTH

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

Yeah, they just shipped my kit out without a confirmation and I got the discount also. From what I understand it can take 4-6 weeks to get a custom doll. I got an e-mail from a company called QuantumView when the kit shipped. It gives you the tracking info.

Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4