Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    macassi Guest

Default 2 yr old = companion or sister doll?

I've read all the responses and looked at the web site, but I still can't decide if I should get the companion doll or the sister doll for a 2 year old. I really like the idea of the outfits and styling the hair, but I'm not sure if those features are more for *me* than Abbie. What is everyone else doing?

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: 2 yr old = companion or sister doll?

I'm kind of in the same boat you are in except I'm trying to decide between the 16" Honey, 14" Companion baby, and the 13" Tiny Love. I don't know if we should be buying for the "right now" or looking also to when DD's are 5. I love the 16" Honey doll, but I'm wondering if that might be too big for DD (16 mo), so I started thinking about the 13" Tiny Love, but realistically DD isn't going to be styling her hair or dressing her for a few more years so maybe the 14" Companion baby would be more appropriate. Then I start thinking that if I got the 16" companion baby maybe I could buy premie clothes for it, but then we are back to the too big for DD.

You were probably looking for an answer huh, and not my confused babbling train of thought. I'm sorry. I think in any case we should probably be prepared to be more "into" the dolls than the DD's, and not be too disapointed when after all the thought and love that went into making the perfect decision, they are only interested in the box.

So, the short answer would be I'm leaning towards the 14" baby, with the 3 piece knit set and hopefully a moses basket.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

macassi Guest

Oh no -- your rambling is great and I of course had to review the dolls again and am now more confused.

I was leaning towards the 16 inch instead of 14 inch baby just because I like the idea of a nose. Hmmmmm...

That is the cutest nose isn't it? I'm buying a kit, so the nose intimidates me a bit. Sorry to confuse you. My mom says the baby doll would probably more appropriate. Yeah, I called her for advice. You know, even an older child will love a baby doll, and it will be so cuddly for the DD's now. Now to choose the size....

ETA Do you think the 0-6 Robeez will fit the 14" or 16" dolls? Maybe I could make a smaller pair in felt. I've already been planning the "baby's" bed. I'm thinking the Maclaren doll stroller might be in order too. See you aren't the only wondering who it's really for.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

mommyj_2 Guest

Where do you see which ones have noses? I didn't even notice that some of them don't until I read your post. Some of the ones on the page of 13" dolls have noses and some don't. Hmmmm....I hope mine has a nose.

You know, I think you'ld have to ask. The ones with noses on the 13" page are on the hair choices page and they are the same for all the dolls. Since none of the dolls at the top of the page have a nose, I'm going to guess no. I don't it would hurt to ask if they could put a nose on one for you. I'm going to ask about wig changes on my kit.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

luvtoshop Guest

HI--I was wanting the bigger doll to dress, fix hair, etc...until I stopped and remembered that this wasn't for ME. ha! So, I've decided on 2 - 14" Companion dolls for my 9 month old and 2.5 year old. Will distinguish them by ordering different hair styles. : ) or maybe the same....oh, gosh..hadn't thought of this issue. ; )

Well, I hope you are happy. I'm totally obsessed with this doll thing. I've got scraps everywhere listing prices all of the different dolls and kits and options, full priced and with discount. I can't decide between the 14" companion baby (smaller size, and simpler) and the 16" honey(sits better and better hair). No one, DH included, understands what the big deal is. It's even affecting my sleep. I sent an e-mail today asking questions about wigs.

I normally have no problems making these sorts of decisions but for some reason this one has me frozen.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

luvtoshop Guest

LOL. Sorry to have you up all night thinking about dolls. : ) I'm doing myself a favor and not looking at the bigger dolls on purpose...or I know I'd start leaning in that direction. The hair is too darn cute!

Joy will be able to give you great information on the wigs. She's the originator of the one piece muliti-styling wig. Let us know what she says and please let us know what you finally decide on. : )

This might ease your tension....I spoke with Joy about possibly doing this again in September --- I know it would be really popular to do a holiday co-op. So, if you are really torn, maybe order your "A list" this time and see what you think -- and you can order your "B list" in September. : ) Good luck!

macassi Guest

I agree with the PP -- I was up last night debating between the baby (probably the right choice for Abbie since she'll be only 2) and the 13" with cute hair, because I'm just having such a hard time not getting a hair-do if I'm going to shell out the bucks for a doll. I have at least compromised with doing shoulder length hair if I do the hair. Then again, the baby has some cute outfits... I know she can't change her, but I envision changing her together. Argh. Of course, all this might be a moot point, because my little 18 month old hasn't exactly picked up a doll yet. I think it might be one of the things that I'm more into than she is. I never played with dolls, but I spent hours until I was older than I care to admit playing with stuffed animals and I had a Snoopy with a gazillion outfits.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast