Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: 2 yr old = companion or sister doll?

Well ladies, I got a response from Joy this morning. I think if you were hoping for cuter baby hair options you will be pleased. I know I am. These were going to be posted March 13th. So here is a sneak peek. My personal winner is:

Short Bouclez Loop 2

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22449.jpg

also sweet the Short Mohair Loop

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22450.jpg

and the very adorable but not right for my DD, the Mohair Baby Pigtails

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22451.jpg

Joy said that if you want one of these options to write the name of the style in the special instructions box if it isn't on the site yet.

My other concern with the baby companion was it's ability to sit, and she said it will sit "assisted" as in a highchair or stroller. I think at DD's age that will be sufficent. When she gets to be 4 or 5 and is more ready I'll probably make her the honey or button doll.

So my offical (I think) decision is the 14" baby companion with the bouclez loop 2 hair, the darling three piece knit baby set, and probably a moses basket. I'm still not sure about the Moses basket. It is really cute and will only be $12, so I'm not sure I can find the same cuteness for less. Although I really like the idea of an unfinished wooden cradle finished to match DD's bed. I think I'll be sleeping better now. :)

Anyhow, I'm really impressed with Joy. I'm glad we are doing this through her. I hope this helps.

ETA Oh yeah, this is what she says about shoulder length hair for the little ones: "Shoulder length is something to consider when she is at least 3-4 years old as she will only be annoyed by all the yarn and it will not wear well with one so young. The yarns that have the cut ends shed." I really liked the shoulder length hair too, but the shedding bit convinced me. Her next doll will have it.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

macassi Guest

I love the third option and it's exactly like Abbie's hair now! I think that'll make it easier for me to go with the baby companion. Later, I might get a kit for my mom to make (aren't I a nice daughter?) with the adorable clothes and style-able hair. Thanks so much for posting the update! I guess I'll wait until the 13th to place my order. Hmmm... of course that means more stewing about decisions.

luvtoshop Guest

Default Different hair options

Thank you SO much for posting these hair options! Joy emailed me and told me that she had sent them to you. LOVE the 3rd one and will HAVE to get it for my baby.

Also glad that it helped you make your decision. : )

luvtoshop Guest

Default More details....

Hi---Joy has new hairstyles that are shown in Veronica's post. Be sure to look at these options....

http://tinyurl.com/3lg3w

Here are questions I emailed Joy....

Will the Limited Edition dolls be 30% off? (if we reach our minimum)

Yes!

Can a nose be put on the Baby Companion doll?

The 16" Baby Companion automatically has a nose. One can request a nose for the 14" in the Special instructions. The nose is the first thing on a doll to get dirty.

HTH!

holliam Guest

http://www.middayfaire.com/prod_details.php?id=78484 has adorable Moss Feet shoes for dolls. ;)

Moss Feet are awesome WAHM-made shoes. :)

We also have a growing stash of cloth diapers for her dolls that are yet to be.

Oh, and my daughter is 6 months old and not even home yet! LOL
    (we're adopting.. it's been delayed.. grumble..)

Holli

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: More details....

I had to go to page 2 to find the post so I could check out the additional hairstyle options, so I thought I'd bump the details back to the top of page one in case someone hasn't seen it yet. Whew! Long sentence.

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Joys co-op: yahoo group? photos?

is there a yahoo group set up for the co-op to discuss options, etc? i'd *really* like to see a photo gallery of dolls that BBBers already have for ideas, but i didn't think it was appropriate to post a call for photos thread here, given the gentle reminder that was just put in the Lounge.

also, i wanted to share some more info. i asked joy about the difference between the 16" button & the honey and she replied:
    "The Honey's arms and legs are sewn onto the body. This very sturdy doll can sit by itself.
    Strong craft thread is strung across from limb to limb secured inside the limbs with a button, allowing for different poses, the ability to sit without assistance and to stand when posed just right and especially with a little help from their shoes. There is more potential for doll repair with type of construction, so more care needs to be taken with the Button dolls."

she also mentioned that there are new dresses coming out this week.

luvtoshop Guest

Default RE: Joys co-op: yahoo group? photos?

Hi--and thank you for moving this to the appropriate location. I didn't know this forum existed....nor did I ever peek into the lounge....wow! a whole new world on the BBB that I wasn't aware of. I also just read the rules for co-ops, glad I met the minimum requirements. : ) I'm a regular BBB'er, but have obviously not surfed around the board to read all the sections.

We have not set up a Yahoo and since it is ending this week, I think it might be pointless to attempt one now. Joy and I discussed doing it again around the holidays and will most definitely set one up then....we'll have so many dolls to have pics up then. : )

Thanks again!

Default RE: ***Co-op details*** Joys Waldorf Dolls

So, I just put my order in and I'm very excited! I ordered a 16 inch button baby -- fair skin, red short dred hair and blue eyes (this was a group decision between me, DH and Roley; not exactly what I would have chosen on my own). I also ordered the flower knit set and the sling. Thanks for all of your work setting this up!

ETA: oops, dredlocks only come in black so I changed it to the short cut loop cap.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: ***Co-op details*** Joys Waldorf Dolls

Did you see the new hairstyles that should be showing up on her webstite any day now? You can see them further up this thread. Since I couldn't get the dreds in the colour I wanted (plus Joy says they attract lint), I went with the "short bouclez loop 2". If you want to change your order again, you can put the hairstyle name in the special instructions box if they haven't shown up yet on the page.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast