Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Elves & Angels Co-op *Update*

I got word back from my contact. We have a deal, it is not great :( but it is something. I'd love to get your feedback in the next few days so I can let him know whether we are going to go ahead with this.

First, let me mention that E&A is now only selling directly for wholesale customers. All retail sales are now handled through their partner, Nova Natural (novanatural.com), which is where my contact is. So, the "deal" we have is more usefully compared with Nova Natural's prices than the prices at the E&A site. Also, although I added the other, non-kitchen pieces to my email to him, he hasn't included them in his response to me. It looks like he is not offering those at a discount :( I sent an email double-checking this and to confirm that the 12% discount is included in the prices he sent below. I am waiting to hear back from him.

DETAILS:

Hi Juliet,

Please find the new pricing for each of the items below. Some of the
    items
    will be available in April (they are *-ed), the other will be available
    in
    June or July. Items not on the list will not be available this year.

***ETA: these prices are PRE-DISCOUNT

price ship total
    Julianna 179 20 199
    *Victoria 269 30 299
    *Lucy 189 20 209
    Papa 159 20 179
    *Jacob 144 20 164
    *Suzanne 239 30 269
    Suzanne Ex 249 30 279
    Seri Sink 109 20 129
    Seri Stove 109 20 129

We can give you a 12% discount on an order of 25+ pieces. We can add 3%
    to
    the discount if it is pre-paid by money order.

By the way, Lucy's Kitchen is similar to Julianna's Kitchen except it
    has
    2 shelves and an oven door. You can see it on our website.

Let me know what you would like to do. If you would like to go ahead,
    please send me a spreadsheet with each person's address, pieces they
    would
    like, and how they will be paid for.
    `
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

LBW is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Elves & Angels Co-op *Update*

Hmm. I'm not thrilled, but it's something! Thanks so much for doing this!

I actually *really* like Lucy's Kitchen. I hadn't seen that one before. I'm not sure if I'll order, though, unless it's 12/15% off the prices he listed. If I do order, I'll probably get just the kitchen and hold off on the fridge. If the discount had been better I would have odered both peices.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Juliet -

Thank you so much for taking the time to try and put this together for us. Unfortunately, that is just not enough of a discount for me to consider ordering at this time (this was going to be a Christmas present). Not to mention that now we would have to pay additional shipping charges.

I cannot find anything on the E&A web site that specifies they only sell to wholesalers. As a communicator IRL, I have an issue with not noting this *small* detail on the Web site since this is how consumers find information about their prodcuts.

Anyway, I started an online cart at E&A and it let me add the Juliana kitchen for the price quoted on their Web site ($185). If I decide to move forward, it's a better deal than the prices quoted through Nova Natural. I'm not sure if the E&A site will let me complete the purchase this way, but if not I would sure make sure my opinion is known about their business practices.

Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

I know, it's not great. But, I am with you, I LOVE Lucy's kitchen and had not seen that either! That is what I would want too. I *might* get that and hold off on the fridge too.

Jenn, this "wholesale only" selling is completely new. Remember that E&A's is still recovering from their fire. They are not even producing products right now. Their partnership is also very very new. So, I guess I would like to say that I am cutting them a break b/c they haven't yet updated their website with this information. Perhaps E&A will allow you to complete that order, perhaps not. I'd be interested to find out.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hmmmm....I was of course hoping for more but I'd be interested at those prices. It is something, and I just keep going back to their kitchens over all the others.

I'm trying to read/type with DS crawling all over me, but are the prices listed in your first post (the middle numbers) the shipping costs? I'm confused about whether those are after discount or before. I'm sure I'm just not looking at it corrrectly as DS is climbing on me ;)

I agree...looooove Lucy's kitchen. Love it. I was going to go w/ VIctoria's, so just finding out about Lucy's kitchen saves me $$ right there :) It looks adorable.

Thanks again for going through the trouble to set this up. I hope we end up w/ enough pieces to do the co op. I'm bummed they are selling only wholesale now, which explains the absence of the E&A kitchens from the Maukilo website now (they were less expensive at Maukilo when she had the prices up than they were if you bought directly through E&A originally).

Thanks again. I hope we can place an order.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Hi Beth,

I know, it is a slightly disappointing discount. I am still waiting to hear for certain whether those figures he gave me are PRE or POST the 12% discount.

Yes, the figure in the middle column (his columns didn't cut and paste very pretty) are the shipping prices.

And, again, Lucy's kitchen is my favorite. It is a nice compromise between Papa's/or Julianna's and Victorias. That is definately the one I have on my list.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes, the pricing is confusing, but that isn't your fault. The Lucy's is listed at 199 on Nova, so that's why I'm confused because unless I'm more math-deficient than I realized, the prices he listed don't seem to reflect the discount. Also, when I put the Lucy's kitchen in my shopping cart (just to check shipping), the shipping came up as only $15.

In any case, I'm happy w/ the addition of Lucy's kitchen, as that saves some serious money for me, and any discount on top of that is still very very appreciated. I am so thankful to you for organizing this. I don't want to complain that 12% isn't "enough." Of course, I would love more, but...this is a quality product and I'm sure the demand is high enough that they didn't
    *have* to offer us a discount. So if we can generate enough interest, I'm ALL for 12% :)

Anyway, thanks again. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what they are charging either pre or post discount. I just wasn't sure if I was interpreting what was listed correctly, but assumed it was because DS was trying to use me as his human jungle gym at the time ;)
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

If you look under the shipping info on their site, you'll find that they state, "We ship through the US Post Office and UPS. As a
    rule of thumb, we use the Post Office for lighter
    orders, and UPS for heavier orders. For some products,
    there is an additional shipping fee due to their unusual
    size or weight and this is noted on the product pages."

The $15 charge you saw when loading your cart is probably the baseline and then they might add additional $ on top of that b/c these pieces are oversized.

I know, the math must be that "new math" that people are talking about. I tried to calculate the prices he gave us vs. those listed on their site, but I didn't come up with 12%. I hope he emails me back soon b/c I am so curious as to what the prices are.

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Good point re: prices. I assumed they were post-discount. I'd be curious to know which way they are. Maybe when I get home I'll put pen to paper and try to figure it out.

ETA: I really do love the Lucy kitchen, which is why I can't quite pull the trigger on my E&A shopping cart!

ETA2: This math does not make sense! Take Jacob's Ice Box.

Coop price: $164
    Full price: $163 ($148 + $15 shipping -- page does not note it's oversized so I'm assuming $15).
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast