Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    egan284 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Kettler co-op???

I would be interested too.

I don't have any experience in starting a co-op but I think, based on the co-op rules here, someone with over 100 posts can contact any one vendor who might be interested in giving us special co-op discounts.

Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Does anyone know who organized it last time? Cause I'd be interested too!
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think Neve organized it last time, if I remember correctly. However, since then her family has increased in size quite substantially so I don't think she really has time now for one. Someone else will have to take the bull by the horns.

mommyj_2 Guest

Last time Neve was already too busy, and I think I remember reading that the vendor who had offered the co-op before had said she might not want to do any more (I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, though). Several of us ordered a few months ago from Sunrisecyclery.com. They gave us something like a 10% discount, so it wasn't as great as a co-op, but it was better than paying full price.
    HTH

eb1 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Details on Kettler 10% discount

Yes, Neve was busy and (I think) had indicated that the original vendor's husband didn't want to repeat the co-op, but maybe that has changed.

Anyway, I arranged for www.sunrisecyclery.com to provide a 10% discount for Kettlers (including accessories); they also offer free shipping. It's not as great as Neve's co-ops, but it was something! The store was great and easy to work with. The owner, Frank, set up a coupon code for ordering. That code has now expired, but Frank indicated he'd be willing to extend it if people were interested.

I don't have time to get involved, but if anyone is interested, you could probably just email or call Frank (contact details on the store's web site) and I bet he would oblige. You could tell him you're from the same online parents' group that got a Kettler discount code in February and March. I didn't publicly post the code because Frank was concerned about being careful with how this was "advertised" so I had people email me directly for the code; I think over 30 people did, though I'm not sure how many ordered, but I think it was probably successful enough for Frank to repeat the deal.

Hope either this or something better (deeper discount) works out! GL.

Erin

kcmom Guest

Default Details on Kettler 20% discount

If you live in the bay area, Talbots Toyland (http://www.talbotstoyland.com/) in San Mateo is having a 20% off sale on all trikes (and trains and outdoor toys). It's not as good as Neve's coop of 30% off, but there is no shipping charge if you go pick it up.

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Details on Kettler 20% discount

Anyone know anyone in the bay area? ;-)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
    Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

Squirrel_M Guest

Thank you so much for posting this info. We went this morning and picked up a Kettler Trike. That is such a great store and the staff was very helpfull to find the right one for us.
    Monika

Is there any Kettler CO-OP still going on? Or does anyone know where I can get a good deal on one? which is best for a 13 mo. old? Air Happy or Brummi?

Thanks.

Oh how funny. I use to live right by them and never realized that they had baby stuff! might have to look into their trikes now...
    K
    DD#1 05/09

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast