Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default The Waldorf Doll co-op is going on right now! JOIN US!

The co-op started yesterday and will last for 3 weeks. Want 20% off a custom Waldorf doll? Come join us! :)

Other items are also discounted.

------------------------------------------------
    The Yahoo group is still open if you're interested in buying a doll from Joy's Waldorf Dolls through the co-op!

Join us:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBWaldorfDollCoop/join

Please include your BBB id with your request to join. I started a really rough database in the group so that we can try to see what people are interested in purchasing. Please fill it out and we'll go from there! Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    This is just a post to gauge interest. If there's enough interest, we'll go from there!

This would be a co-op with Joy's Waldorf Dolls. It would start after the new line of clothes and other new things are up on the website. The new things should be up in a couple of weeks, so we'd have a start time sometime after that. The co-op would last for 3 weeks.

Joy's Waldorf Dolls website is www.joyswaldorfdolls.com

Discounts would be as follows:

Dolls - 10% off of 10 of the same kind (10 Bunting Babies, 10 Bright Eyes Babies...) *or* 10% off any assortment of dolls on a $500 minimum order (after the discount) *or* 20% off any assortment of dolls on a $1000 minimum order (after the discount)

Doll Kits: 15% off retail of any assorted styles of 6 Kits *or* 20% off on a $1000 minimum order (after the discount)

Supplies: 15% off retail of supplies of each category ( e.g. 6 assorted doll slings, 6 hanger sets, 6 doll hairbrushes, 6 Stuffing Tools, 6 Craft threads, 6 pounds of wool, 6 full yds doll skin - assorted colors, 6 full yds Velour - assorted colors, 6 Pre-made wigs - assorted styles,colors and sizes, 6 Pre-sewn bodies - assorted colors and sizes, 6 Pre-made heads - assorted sizes, 6 yds tubular stockinette - assorted sizes, etc.)

Doll Clothes: 15% off retail of 6 Clothes in grouped styles and assorted sizes (e.g. 6 socks, 6 shoes, 6 diapers, 6 underwear sets - assorted sizes, 6 pantaloons, 6 assorted from this group: dresses, overall sets, pant sets, layette sets, sleepers, nightwear)

Baskets: 15% off retail of 6 Moses Baskets, 6 Carrying baskets, 6 Doll carriages (when available)

Patterns: 15% off retail of any assortment of 6 Patterns

Note that custom dolls are estimated to take 4-6 weeks.

Soooooo, is anyone interested? If so, what are you thinking about buying? Please post what items you're interested in purchasing and if it looks like we have enough for a group order, I'll set up a yahoo group for us.

Please remember that the co-op is just a possibility at this point! If you have any co-op related questions, please post them here and I'll try to gather questions together and ask Joy all of the questions at one time so that she's not answering the same question multiple times.

(This is my first time trying to organize a co-op, so please be patient with me!) :)

Thanks!

Default RE: Interested in a Waldorf Doll Co-op?

I'll go first!

I'm interested in:

- 13" Little Love girl doll and I'll most likely be buying one whether we have a 10% or 20% discount.

- 1 or 2 sets of doll clothing (most likely 1 dress and 1 ballerina costume)

kharden Guest

I may be interested, but I need more info on these if you can. I checked them out the last time there was a co-op going on (awhile back and my daughter is only 9 months old now). What is the main reason people choose waldorf dolls over, say, American girl or Corolle? What makes these dolls so expensive (besides the customization option)? I really appreciate any insights anyone may have!

Stacie

Stacie,

You might find this thread useful:

"Reasons for a Waldorf doll"
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...1266&mode=full

Also, the Waldorf Homeschoolers site mentioned in that thread has a page on Waldorf dolls:
    http://www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com/waldorfdolls.htm

HTH! If you want even more info, there are lots of other threads in the "Around the House" forum--just do an advanced search for "Waldorf" and "doll" together. :)
    Johanna * DS 09.2003

Oops, double post!
    Johanna * DS 09.2003

Thanks for trying to set up a co-op!

I'd be interested in a Little Love (boy) doll kit, with a pre-made wig, pre-made head, and pre-sewn body.

Maybe some pajamas, underwear, or shoes and socks.

EDITED 3/9/06 - Looks like most people are interested in finished custom dolls, rather than kits. I'd consider a custom Little Love boy doll, instead of a doll kit, if the discount were 20%! Otherwise, I'd probably buy the doll kit full price, and perhaps just get some doll clothing through the co-op. :)
    Johanna * DS 09.2003

kharden Guest

Thank you so much!

Thanks for posting those links!

annasmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Kristen,

First, thanks for organizing this. I have a question, are the custom dolls included in the discount, and if so, what is the discount?? Also, let me see if I have this right. The more dolls we purchase, the greater the discount?? For example, if we purchase $1000 worth of dolls (after the 10% discount) the discount then becomes 20% off the remaining orders, or previously made orders as well? Thanks again!
    Eileen

DD - 6 y.o.
    DS - 4 y.o.
    DS - 2 y.o.
    DD - 8 months

Eileen,

Sorry I didn't explain the discount too well! Yes, the custom dolls are included in the discount. I think it boils down to, if we buy about $555-worth of custom dolls *before the discount*, we'll get a 10% discount on dolls. If we buy $1250-worth of dolls *before the discount*, we'll get a 20% discount. All of the people ordering custom dolls will get the same discount. Whether the discount is 10% or 20% depends on the $-value of custom dolls that we order. Did that make sense?

I'm getting a little worried that we don't have enough interest for a co-op at all! I know that this post has had lots of views, but not many people are saying that they want to buy. The good news is that there's flexibility with the co-op dates. We could always delay it for another couple of months and see if more people want to participate then.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast