Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I sent email messages out, edited

If you mentioned that you were interested in the co-op, but hadn't already joined the Yahoo! group, I just sent you an email message about the group. I know that the co-op forum isn't the most widely visited and things haven't really been jumping with the doll co=op lately, so I thought some people probably missed the post with the yahoo group info.

If you're interested in the co-op, please join the yahoo group so we can figure out details, etc. Thanks!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBWaldorfDollCoop/join

Edited to add: I tried to send messages out to everyone, but I may have missed some people. Sorry about that! Just click on the link above to join the group.

Default RE: UPDATE

Thanks for setting up the Yahoo Group, Kristen! Are there any prerequisites for joining (e.g., minimum no. of posts)?
    Johanna * DS 09.2003

Default RE: Interested in a Waldorf Doll Co-op?

I have been meaning to post a picture of the Joy's button baby we just got. She has the mohair pigtails (which do not show up very well here but are so cute). Also got the pink pajamas. They did a nice job.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...y/IMG_1118.jpg

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
    #2 ETA 05-22-06

Default RE: UPDATE

There aren't any prerequisites for joining the group. The orders will go through Joy, so I don't feel a need to have a history with the co-op members, if that makes sense! Everyone's welcome!

Default Very Cute!

Susan, the doll is wonderful! I got a kit from Joy through a prior co-op, but I think I'm going to have Joy make my (uh, DD's) doll this time around.

She is adorable! I love the pigtails. I have to keep reminding myself that this doll is for DS, or else our Little Love might end up with pigtails, too. ;)

Susan, does your doll have the brunette hair, BTW? That's the shade I'm interested in, since DS (who is biracial) has hair that's somewhere between DH's brown and my black.
    Johanna * DS 09.2003

Yes brown hair and eyes, if I had to do it again I would have gotten samples of the skin tones beforehand. I ordered golden but it looks way peachy to my eye. HTH.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
    #2 ETA 05-22-06

mik8 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default for those who are contemplating...

First of all, I'd like to thank Kristen for taking the initiative to do this. Your efforts are appreciated since I'm sure it entails setting aside some of your time to follow-up on this. I have heard about Waldorf dolls in the past (actually passed up on the last Waldorf coop) and honestly, I couldn't quite figure out the pricey $$$ associated with a custom one. So I have been contemplating and also setting aside money for this for quite a while now. I have decided to get one if this coop will materialize for my toddler. Wish I'd done it earlier though. For those who are still on the fence, this link "might" help shed some info. about Waldorf dolls.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=376230

Susan, belated thanks for the info! Based on your reply, I decided to order the skin tone and yarn sample card from Joy's, and it arrived today. I'm glad I did, because the brunette mohair is still lighter than DS's hair. I guess he's somewhere between brunette and black, so I'll probably go with black (too bad Joy doesn't offer two-toned hair like Where's Waldorf, although the print catalog does have multi-colored dreds). The organic tan skin tone was more like my complexion than DS's, but it's close enough to satisfy me. :)
    Johanna * DS 09.2003

mik8 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: Question

Hi, Susan. Thanks for posting a pic of your Waldorf doll. Cute! Like you, I got to have those pigtails too! This is really bad. I mean, how could I be so hung up on that detail when there are other much more important things in life? Do you have the 14" or 16"? Also, can the doll sit independently? Dolly HAS to sit by my DD during her parties. ;)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast