Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default RE: Bath Boats Co-Op Info

Only if you order two or more boats (standard or custom) will you be eligible for free shipping. Have fun shopping!

Malia

Great! You're welcome! ;)

Malia

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks.

The free shipping is a bargain in itself as they charge $5 a piece to ship.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just wanted to thank Malia for organizing this discount! I ordered 2 custom boats for the boys. One is going to be a dinosaur-themed boat for Liam's 4th birthday. The second is a baby boat for Owen. If they turn out as great as I hope, I may start a tradition of buying each boy a boat for their birthdays every year.

If you've rec'd your boat(s), can you post pics??

Thanks!
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Funny, I was just coming to this forum to see if anyone has received their bath boat yet. I did ordered two pirate ships but had names put on them so it will be awhile befor I get mine. Would love to see pictures.

eb1 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Change / correction to Co-op Shipping Terms

Dana asked me to pass along the information to the BBB that he cannot offer free shipping anymore for those ordering two boats. He said that his offer was $5 shipping with additional boats to the same address going free, though he has been shipping for free those orders with two or more boats. He can no longer do that.

Bottom line: Dana will charge $5 shipping for the first boat, with with any additional boats to the SAME address going free. (This is still a discount because otherwise, shipping for two boats to one address would be $10.)

Default My boat review

I ordered two custom boats. I received them just about two weeks after I ordered, so I was bowled over by the rapid service; I'd been expecting a much longer wait since they were custom.

My husband opened the boat package and was *very* impressed. The craftsmanship is wonderful. These are high quality, solid, adorable boats that look like they will last for years. The colors are bright and fun, the painting is done with care, and the boats are a nice size (maybe 6" long?).

However, I was disappointed with my custom designs (for a separate reason with each boat); to be fair, Dana clearly did personalize the boats for me. Perhaps my expectations were too high; I mean, these are bath boats. I emailed Dana a couple times but did not get an answer regarding those issues, though he did ask me to relay details about the coop shipping terms.

So, I like the boats, and if my expectations had been different, surely I would love them. Judging from my husband’s reaction, the boats are marvelously cool regardless, and the overall quality is excellent. The boats are gifts and have not been given to the recipients yet, but I am sure the kids will treasure them.

Am curious to hear from others!

eb1

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: My boat review

Is there any way that you could post pictures of
    the boats??

Thank you!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Thanks eb1. I just updated the original post and contacted Dana to apologize. I have an email from him that clearly states: "Free shipping on two or more boats to the same address? Done!" BUT there must have been a misunderstanding because now that I re-read his email I can see how it meant the way you wrote about it. <ETA: Remove sentence that may have been rethought against.>

Dana has been great and because these are handcrafted it is such a nice offer, I really hope you all enjoy your purchases!

Malia

I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures. My camera is out of commission, but if I can figure out a way to get some shots, I will. For what it's worth, I think the example photos on the website are pretty accurate of the finished products.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast