Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ice Cream recipes?

I just bought an ice cream maker at a yard sale today ($5, never used!) and would love suggestions. Thanks!

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Ice Cream recipes?

lol....how about I suggest you send it to me so I can make lemon ice?

There's a recipe not too far down on this page, I think...good stuff, that is...
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

We have a cuisinart ice cream maker and I go to their website for ice cream and sorbet recipes. Here is a link... http://www.cuisinart.com/recipes/rec...p_tag=desserts

Enjoy!

Mary
    dd#1 2/01
    dd#2 12/03

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

not ice cream but eaier to make with an ice cream maker...

Strawberry Ice Viennese (or Cranberry Ginger)

Make a syrup with 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3 1/2 cups cold water, and 1/2 cup apricot brandy and boil for 5 or 6 minutes. Cool slightly and add a generous pinch of salt, 2 cups strained strawberry juice, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, and a generous 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind. Chill and then freeze. (I think I used cranberry juice instead of strawberry and added about 2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger.)

i did the cranberry ginger version and it was awesome. super refreshing and yummy.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default How do you like your cuisinart?

DH and I have tossed around the idea of buying an ice cream maker more than once. I read a review of a bunch in Smart Money magazine and of course the one they picked was like 200 bucks. I can buy a lot of ice cream already made for that price (I know, but not as fun or healthy ;) )

I don't think they gave the Cuisinart great reviews, but I know a few people that have been pretty happy with theirs.

I think actually Ben and Jerry did the review for the magazine, so maybe they are just ultra picky ;)

Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

kimbe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: How do you like your cuisinart?

We have a cuisinart and we really like it. This is the one that we have http://www.makeicecream.com/cuisicecream1.html We got it for our wedding and didn't think that we would make enough ice cream to justify spending a lot of money. (You keep the bowl in the freezer so it is always ready to go.) The ice cream comes out really well too. The more fat you use the better it is. Unfortunately, we (I) have to use skim milk and half and half so it is much runnier (sp?) than what you would buy at the store. However, it is MUCH yummier! I throw DH a bone once in awhile and make it with whole milk and heavy cream and it is really great -- even though I have chest pains while I am making it! ;)

If I had to buy another --- this is the one that I would get!

HTH!
    Kim

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That's great to know!!!
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

we have the same one as the pp. What I like most about it is we know exactly what is going into the ice cream or sorbet. I bought it for dh last year for father's day and have used it a handful of times. the one I bought came with an extra canister. The thing I don't like about it is it doesn't come with a sealable top for when the ice cream is in the freezer, so if we don't eat it quickly, it starts to get freezer burn because we just put saran wrap on it. Mostly we have used it when we are having company and decide on ice cream for dessert and then usually eat it all!

To the previous poster, $5 is a steal!! Congrats!

HTH!
    Mary
    dd#1 2/01
    dd#2 12/03

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have this ice cream recipe book and it is great!
    We actually made some ice cream about a week ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/089...lance&n=283155

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34115.jpg
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

kimbe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It IS nice knowing what is going into the ice cream --- only the good stuff!!! I agree about not being able to keep the bowl in the freezer with the ice cream. We scoop it out when it is done into a gladware container and keep it in there. The ice cream actually hardens up a bit if you freeze it for awhile after making it.
    Kim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast