Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Quick cooking advice needed! (xpost from Lounge)

Hello! I don't usually post here, but I am in a bind. I'm admittedly terrible in the kitchen, and I'm having Rosh Hashana dinner at the house for the first time. I'm chopping a salad, a very big salad, and I don't have a salad spinner. The pieces are kinda wet. I"m worried about chopping the tomatoes that they're gonna sit in this salad and by the time I serve it at 5:30, it's gonna be one wilty icky thing. Should I take the guts out of the tomato and then chop it, or should I do something else? Sorry I'm a moron about this stuff. thank you for whatever HELP you can provide :-)

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Quick cooking advice needed! (xpost from Lounge)

My MIL dries the lettuce leaves with papaer towels befre she shreds the lettuce, that may help. Can you hold off on doing the salad til the last thing? or at least wait to do the tomatoes?

hth!

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller