Default Different grades of pure maple syrup?

Pure maple syrup. Yum. But can someone explaind the differences in grades (Grade A, B, C?). Which do you like most for breakfast use? Do they taste differently? I think some are darker then others, right? I'd hate to just guess on a $10 bottle of syrup. :)

Caroline
    mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

Default RE: Different grades of pure maple syrup?

Trader Joe's (or maybe it was CostPlus World Market) used to sell a 4 pack of maple syrups in 4 different grades (AA, A, B, C...I think). Each bottle was about the size of an airline liquor bottle. The syrup gets darker and (in DH's opinion) more flavorful as you go down the alphabet. (I'll say right here that I don't generally use maple syrup, so I don't know much about how the flavors are different. But I think DH likes B.)
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Different grades of pure maple syrup?

I just experimented with them at Whole Foods (about $6/ bottle) and found that I like Grade A Medium Amber. I really did notice a flavor difference between some of them. That Trader Joe's deal sounds really good. :)

Beth