Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rachelh is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default DDs pjs are sopping wet in the AM!

Any advice on this?

DD (19 months) for the past few weeks has been waking up in the AM with her onesies and pjs soaked thru! It is usually in the front but can be in the back also. We have been using Pampers Cruisers for quite a while now and this used to happen occassionally but it is literally every night now. (I also dont feel that she has an excessive amount of liquids throught the day.)

Anyone have this problem and start using Huggies overnights? Has it solved the problem?

Anyone have this problem and start using Pampers Baby dry? Has it helped?

Any other advice would be great as well!

TX

Rachel
    DD1 6/9/06
    DD2 3/19/10

Default Diaper Doublers

We have had the same problem on many occasions with both DDs. We have always used Pampers Cruisers and they don't have anything to drink after dinner. Someone recommended Diaper Doublers to us, they are a total random thing I think made by Publix grocery stores. Do you have Publix? Anyway it is basically like a "pad" (think female device) without the sticky part that you just put in the diaper that adds as absorbency. We haven't had a wet kid since! Hope that helps

We've used Baby Drys overnight since my DD was a baby and rarely have leaks. I feel that they hold more than Cruisers, which may or may not actually be true. But, even when she drinks A LOT right before bed, I can probably count the leaks on one hand.

Also, might your DD be ready for the next size? Sometimes that's a cause.
    Jessica

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

BRU B&M has those extra soaker pads too. They are in the diaper section and about the size of a maxi pad pkg, lol.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would try to go up a size in diapers first. Huggies makes overnights I think they are 4 &5 ( they used to be anyway) that work great.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

rachelh is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jhrabosk
    Also, might your DD be ready for the next size? Sometimes that's a cause.
    Thanks all for the great advice!

I was actually thinking that but size 4 is supposed to fit from 22-37 pounds - DD is not even 23 pds yet.
    DD1 6/9/06
    DD2 3/19/10

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We had a similar problem with Huggies, so we tried switching to the CVS supreme diapers. No more leaks! We switched back (there was a sale ) and she started wetting through again.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

My 19 month DD is a heavy wetter too. We have been using Huggies overnights, with mixed results. She has *fewer* leaks, but she still wakes up wet at least 1-2 times per week. She weighs about 23 lbs and is in a size 4. I have tried size 5's but they are HUGE on her. I guess I will try to find the diaper doublers and give them a try.

Let me know if you find anything that works.

Kathy

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Try going up a size - DS wears one size during the day and the next size at night.

Also, for nighttime we use a microfleece towel in his diaper at night as a doubler. I got the microfleece towels in a big pack from Target in the car care aisle. I know, sounds crazy, but it works wonders and it was suggested to me here. They are the white ones with the orange trim. To make the towel fit, I lay it out short end on top and then fold it in half (the two shorts ends together) and then fold in from the right 1/3 and then from the left 1/3. Hope that makes sense.

eta: if you want to go the cloth doubler route, I'll add this plug, besides the microfleece towels mentioned above, we use the cloth doublers from LizaJane and they work great.
    Last edited by rlu; 01-11-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Don't worry too much about the size. DS has always moved up a size a few pounds before the range listed on the package. IMO, if moving up a size works for your situation, it will be much cheaper than having to also buy overnight diapers or the doublers. GL!

jeri

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast