Default Healing Circumcision

Hello! First time poster....please tell me if I posted in the wrong place.

My husband and I mulled over the decision to circumcise our newborn son, and we finally decided to do so. We took him to the OB office the week after he was born due to our indecision. After his bell fell off, I noticed a chunk of skin at the top of his penis. The "ring" of foreskin didn't go all the way around yet, and the chunk looked odd. We called the doctor, and she recommended waiting another week and calling for an appointment then if it still bothered us.

Our daily hygiene routine was plain warm water squeezed out of a washcloth over his circumcision. Other baby books suggested the vaseline, but we didn't do it because she didn't tell us to (just like the hospital staff told us not to use alcohol on his cord stump, but then, the pediatrician told us to at the two-week check). We ended up putting some TAO on a patch of skin on the head of his penis last night because it was bleeding a bit. (We had been advised to by an after hours nurse hotline in our city.)

Now, the ring of foreskin is closer together near the "chunk" of skin. Where there was yellow discharge, the ring you expect around the head of the penis has extended. My whole point is this....has anyone else experienced this chunk of skin after a circumcision? It's taller than the rest of the ring. Maybe it will grow into the rest of the ring. I don't know. My husband doesn't like the looks of it, and I am just trying to remain calm because it's already healed more since last week.

Any replies greatly appreciated!
    Anne

From your description, I'd get him into the doc asap. The yellow discharge sounds like pus which indicates an infection. The extra "chunk" doesn't sound right either....

Please do update when you find out more.

Hth.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

Default Update on Circ.

We saw the OB today. It turns out the chunk is indigenous to my son. I find that hard to believe considering its size at one point, but we still may be able to get rid of it. It also turns out he had circ. adhesions. They were easily separated, and he looks much longer now. I'd be curious to see what the pediatrician would say about it. Anyway, the OB said we could do more for the tiny chunk, but she wants the separated adhesions to heal first.

Anne

P.S. Thanks for the reply. I think I misspoke when I said he had yellow discharge. It never drained. I actually saw a paragraph in Dr. Sears's book that said a yellow, non-draining site was normal. Whew!