Default Spinoff from snack rut-school lunches?

I ask because dd has obviously become bored with her lunch menue. We've fallen into a rut of sunflowerseed butter and jelly sandwiches,applesauce and milk. She likes the applesauce but many days comes home with her sandwich untouched and has finally said she'd like something differant . Sotoorrow it's laughing cow cheese and crackers,applesauce,pretzels and milk. Dh always puts a freezer pack in for the milk so we're ok on the cheese but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions because aside from the occasional cheese and crackers I just don't know what else to pack.

She likes wraps,but won't touch bologna. Enjoys most fruits and veggies,but I don't want her to get funny looks from classmates at lunchtime for what she has and I want her to be happy and eat. Any suggestions? HELP!

I got a thermos at Target for warm food http://www.thermos.com/Product_detai...&ProductID=839 - mac n' cheese, soup, rice and chicken, ravioli, etc. You pour boiling water in it first and let it sit for a minute or so and then dump that out to heat it up and then you put the hot food in and put the lid on. It keeps the food warm for a pretty good time - at least 3-4 hours.

Just something different!
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well my kid rotates between soynut butter sandwishes, cheese and crackers, ham and crackers and pita and hummos.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our rotation is
    -cheese, crackers, and ham or salami
    -ham sandwiches
    -sunflower and jelly sandwiches
    -bagels with cream cheese

I would do something like mac&cheese in his thermos but that would involve me waking up early to cook lunch and we are already up too early.

I have gone to class a few times at lunch to get ideas. There weren't many. One mom must have heated up chicken nuggets in the morning and wrapped them in foil b/c they didn't look cold and, well, I could see the foil. I did feel better about the one day I sent ds with Shredded Spoonfulls cereal since other kids had cereal as their main food too.

So far he hasn't complained about being in a rut. But, I can tell he is bored based on what comes home in his lunch box.

Beth

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I can tell he is bored based on what comes home in his lunch box.
    Are you sure its boredom? My kid comes home with a half eaten lunch most days. But its because they only get 15-20 minutes to eat lunch. That is also their main socializing time so most days she is too busy talking to eat her lunch!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber
    Are you sure its boredom? My kid comes home with a half eaten lunch most days. But its because they only get 15-20 minutes to eat lunch. That is also their main socializing time so most days she is too busy talking to eat her lunch!
    That is true for ds. I know he is a chatter. And he eats pretty slowly. But, when the food is new and novel far less comes home.

Beth

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ideas

you could make your own Lunchables of sorts.... crackers, cheese and lunchmeat (turkey,ham, salami)

would your DD eat simple roasted chicken? I'm thinking a chicken leg or even fried chicken leg... my little guy will eat cold chicken but my now 6 year old will not! LOL

Bagel and Cream cheese

mini pizzas.... thinking english muffins with tomato sauce and mozzarella or even leftover regular pizza slices

pretzels or pita and hummus

carrot sticks

cucumber slices

Tuna or chicken salad in a small container and crackers

then you can venture into warm foods in a thermos as someone else suggested!

Good Luck
    ~Tondi