janeybwild is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How to mark a thermos for identification?

We have the Foogo Thermos straw cups. Any suggestions for a method to permanently personalize them to help with identification that is dishwasher proof?

Default try a label

we have some that stay on everything, i will look for the site that I bought them from but try mabelslabels or something like that

janeybwild is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kcampbell
    we have some that stay on everything, i will look for the site that I bought them from but try mabelslabels or something like that

Wow, those are great. Thanks for the idea. But, I have 3 kids and don't want to buy 3 sets of labels. What about a way to mark each cup for each child with a special pen?

Default I just put our last name on the labels

I understand the idea with different children, but I just did our last name and it has been great.

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I currently have labels from my regular labeler stuck on both DD's Klean Klanteens and they go through the dishwasher fine. My labeler is an inexpensive Brother P-touch and the tape is the TZ-231 Tape that is "Durable Laminated/Crack & Peel Tape" (just happened to have a package handy). If the labels come off, which they haven't yet, it will be easy to re-do them. I my labeler to the point that DH makes fun of me.

I have the previous generation of Thermos straw cups but don't put them through the dishwasher because I thought the instructions said not to. I'll have to look into the Foogo cups if they are DW safe. That'd be great.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

I love my bumpyname labels from inchbug.com. They are like rubber bands, but fit snugly over sippy cups and, with a little stretching, DS's thermos. But, it would require purchasing several sets of labels. For things that I can't use the bumpyname label on, I use a sharpie, which usually goes through the dishwasher several times before I have to remark them.

We have the Brother P-touch, but it was annoying to me to have to keep redoing the labels every few days.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have the foogos sippy cups and I wrote our last name on the bottom with a Sharpie marker. The sippy cups have a plastic bottom. So far, the marker ink is staying on. I'll probably have to rewrite over it in a few weeks again.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.