Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mongo
    I know costco usually sells great products and has a no hassle return policy, so I decided to buy the L.A. Baby Organic mattress, despite the one negative comment posted above.

I received the mattress by delivery (which was only $5!!!) and the mattress felt excellent. Unlike the above reviewer, I didn't feel any of the coils. The mattress is nice and thick. The toddler side is nice and plush and the infant side seems very supportive. I placed it in my IKEA gulliver crib and it fits perfectly with no gaps. I am very pleased.

I recently visited BRU and the mattresses I saw there felt like junk. One of them on the shelf listed for $50 more than the L.A. Baby organic mattress was totally deformed and one corner was bent.

I thought the L.A. Baby mattress was a steal for $119, but now Costco.com is offering a $15 instant rebate to make this $105!!!. I don't think you can beat this price for that quality. Since I am expecting twins I am going to order the second mattress now before the rebate offer expires.

I am also interested in this mattress. Where is it made in? USA?

mongo is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default made in usa

The mattress says it is made in USA

Default Water resistant?

To those of you who own the mattress do you use a mattress protector on top??? The label says it is water resistant, distributor's info posted in this thread that it is water proof but also that a protector would not hurt. Do I need one???

mongo is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default mattress protector

We bought a dust mite cover (1 micron) to go directly over the mattress, and we are going to put an organic mattress protector over that. No point in getting an organic mattress and not using a non-organic cover. We bought a naturepedic mattress protector, in case you're wondering.

Default types of LA Baby

Hi,

I am very much interested too. I found some good deals online. But there are different types of it. So, which one is best?

thanks,
    Barish

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have it too. I got it from Costco a few months before DS was born. The first night we put him on it in his crib at 12 weeks was the first night he got to sleep on his own and only woke up to eat once. He must have been so much more comfortable than in his cosleeper or PnP. He still seems really comfortable on it.

I do notice that it starts to get indented where he sleeps.... but then so does my own mattress and it was expensive and is very comfortable. It smooths out after he's out of bed.

We use a waterproof mattress pad on it, although it may not be necessary.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

I also have this mattress and really like it. I don't find it too heavy (all mattresses are "heavy") and can get it in and out of the crib myself. As a petite woman there is no major struggle to change the sheets. I don't feel any coils, and even though it is not a true organic mattress in the way of Naturepedic, there is no stink when unwrapping and it is a bargain! I have friends who have this mattress as well and everyone is pleased.

To help with keeping it more organic I'm using a Naturepedic mattress cover over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2