Default Diagnosing Reflux

I have been reading Dr. Sears's book and tooling around on baby sites, but I would still love some "BTDT" advice and wisdom from the moms here. I don't want to self-diagnose, but I don't want my little guy to suffer either.

How did you know your child had reflux? I've read that kids can have "silent reflux." Any experience with this?

If you wonder why I am wondering, sometimes, he cries after he spits up. He was spitting up uneventfully, but lately, he spits up more often. He also spits up way after a feeding. I suppose the crying (which does seem easily comforted) could also be gas. He's an explosive fellow sometimes!

He's "fussy" sometimes, especially in the evening, but fussiness does not equal reflux.

I'm trying to rule out other things when I notice the crying and spitting up. I just want to know more from BTDT moms when I talk to my pediatrician. Not that I distrust her....sometimes you just want to know more!

Thank YOU!
    Anne

Sorry I just saw this post now, not sure if too late to answer, but depending how old your child is, most babies outgrow reflux by themselves, especially once they start eating more solids around 6 mos. If your baby is still having good diapers (wet and soiled), even with occasional or more frequent spitt-ups, there should be no worry. Burping frequently and keep upright after feeds helps, and you can consider a wedge under the mattress or sheet.