Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default twins/multiples board

I would love to see a board dedicated to twins and multiples. Currently it is difficult to find issues relating to twins. I would like to be able to ask specific questions without having to go through multiple posts.

Thank you.
    Stephanie

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I totally agree. After having gone through 2 singleton pregnancies and now a twins pregnancy, I can tell you that singleton and multiple pregnancies are completely different. Breastfeeding twins is totally different, too. And when preparing for multiples you can't just prepare for "extra babies." there are completely different things to think about. Like, Do you really need 2 cribs? Should you tandem nurse? How long can you tandem nurse? Where can you get good deals on twins "stuff?" What are items that multiples moms really need? Are there slings/carriers that accommodate more than 1 baby?

There are so many questions in so many different topics that you could write a whole separate book. And that's not a bad idea because the info for twins is totally spread out. There just isn't one book, even a very generalized one that could help me really prepare for delivering and caring for twins. Even now, I still get my best info from just asking other multiples moms. A dedicated twins board would really help.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Default Me too....

We just found out we are having twins and I'm totally overwhelmed with the idea. It would be nice to have a support group and some suggestions from people who have been there and survived Plus, know what I need to buy extras of!!

A twins board would be great!

I sent an email to Denise and Alan Fields about a twins/multiples board. They said that they thought it was a good idea and would discuss it. Maybe if you emailed them as well with your concerns they would be more inclined to start a board dedicated to our needs.

How far along are each of you? I am 14 weeks and have a 2 1/2 year old son. It is a very different pregnancy this time around. We are not sure exactly what we are going to need two of, in addition to all the logistical concerns about caring for twins while trying to care for my son. It is always nice to "talk" to others with similar concerns.

Stephanie

Ladies-

The thread moved off topic from the original Suggestion Box request. I started a new thread (with the rest of your posts moved over) in the Lounge to continue your discussion.

You can find it here:

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=287504

Thanks

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Marisa,
    Does it look like there will be a Multiples board in the future? Just curious why you moved us to the Lounge. Is it to gauge interest in a Multiples Board?

Gosh, that would be great!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom
    Marisa,
    Does it look like there will be a Multiples board in the future? Just curious why you moved us to the Lounge. Is it to gauge interest in a Multiples Board?

Gosh, that would be great!
    I can talk to A&D about it and get back to you (I honestly don't know the answer). I primarily split the original thread because it spun off from a request/suggestion for a multiples forum into an actual conversation.

We're trying to make an effort to keep things a little more 'tidy' in terms of where stuff lives. Basically - if somebody was to search for multiples, they'd probably not look for it in the Suggestion Box, but might look for it in the Lounge, kwim?

-m
    Wife to Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa6826
    We're trying to make an effort to keep things a little more 'tidy' in terms of where stuff lives. Basically - if somebody was to search for multiples, they'd probably not look for it in the Suggestion Box, but might look for it in the Lounge, kwim?

-m
    makes sense to me. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom
    makes sense to me. thanks again.
    I spoke with A&D. They said they're willing to give a Multiples Forum a shot. If it gets enough traffic, great. But if it peters out, there's no guarantee that they will keep it going.

Deal?

-m
    Wife to Jonathan

Default Thank you!

Thanks so much for presenting this to Alan and Denise. I am also pregnant with twins and this message board is one of my main mommy resources.

Karla

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast