Default Pampers Swaddlers Leakage

DS is in size 1 right now. We have had leaks at the top of his diaper on the side, even when he's not very full. Happen to anyone else? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a ginormous package of them again.

He's probably about 12 lbs. @ almost 6 wks. Maybe time for 1-2?

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Move to Size 2. Don't bother with the S1-2. The difference won't be enough (IMO) to fix the issues you're seeing.

I'd also call the 1-800 to report what you're seeing-- the comments do make a difference, and many times they'll send you a decent coupon for taking the time to tell 'em what's up.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Size 2. I agree w/PP.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

Different brands fit differently even within the same size/weight range. You might also want to try switching to another brand. We started with Huggies Newborn but found that their size 1 did not fit as well as Pampers Swaddlers in size 1. Unfortunately, they're not really one size fits all - it depends on your child's build. DS is very long and lean.
    Last edited by MontrealMum; 02-09-2008 at 04:42 PM.

I agree with moving up to a size 2 diaper. I always sized up when there were leakage issues and that helped

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

Oy!

It's happening again! And we're using size 2! Not even very full. Two big leaks in short period of time.

I guess I assumed this would happen sometimes, but I thought he would be overfull or something.

I thought Pampers was supposed to be #1. Any other suggestions?

Huggies?

Son is 13 lbs. and probably 23 inches. Not so sure on his length. Weight is definite though.

Thanks!
    Anne

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Every child is shaped a little different. Try huggies they shape may be better for your child. Thats why you hear alot of mommas say not to buy in bulk.

Before I switched to cloth Huggies fit nathan much better than pampers.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Since you have already tried a bigger size, I would also say try a different brand. We found Huggies fit my DS best, but Pampers fit my DD best.

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'd try a different brand.

Pampers is supposed ot be #1 cuz their Swaddlers are the nicest/softest in materials. Competing diapers, including Huggies, feel like sandpaper in comparison. Yes, I'm exaggerating but the difference is quite noticeable.

That said, I've used other brands cuz friends gave it to us. Babies don't care. As long as it's not giving baby a rash or anything weird, the softness of the material is more a big deal to us than the baby. Fit is different for all the brands so hopefully another brand will take care of your leak problem.

Can you tell when your baby poops? If DS sits in his poop, it'll leak all over the place. Particularly up the back. Didn't matter which brand. So, we learned that once he started pooping (we either smell it or he starts this weird grunt/scream), we gotta take him to the changing area and open up the diaper and watch the rest of the poop come out into that pocket area at the bottom of the diaper.