Default New Ragazzi Furniture

Hi, Has anyone bought any of the new Ragazzi furniture? I know how Ragazzi went out business in 2006 and created a big mess for current customers. Even though the quality of their furniture was great, Baby Bargains gave them an F this year. I recently fell in love with a new Ragazzi crib and dresser (Pompei line) at a reputable store in Wayne, PA. The store owner assures me that the quality is great and that they would not sell anything subpar in their store. I still a little hesitant with the bad reviews. Has anyone else recently bought any Ragazzi furniture? I would love to read your feedback. Thanks!

I haven't read the BB reviews on the new Ragazzi line (we have cribs from the old Ragazzi company). Why did they receive such a poor rating? I'd heard that customer service was lacking with the new company especially when it comes to getting repair/parts for the old Ragazzi.

In a blog post, they wrote in response to someone receiving poor CS http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybarga...729/index.html:

Again, shame on Storkcraft for giving past Ragazzi customers the shaft. To say this will affect our future rating of the "new" Ragazzi is an understatement.
    Perhaps the review is more of a reflection on this than the actual product? I don't really know but just thought I'd throw that out there.

The cribs DO look quite lovely - hope their quality is good!

Sorry - double post!
    Last edited by LaCostaMom; 02-16-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: dbl post

Thanks so much for the info! I heard that the new Ragazzi is made in China now rather than in Canada like the old Ragazzi. The cribs and dressers are so beautiful and the ones I saw in the store seemed to be made very well. We might just take the plunge and get the crib and dresser. I agree that the reviews seemed to be more specific to the customer service during the ownership change. Thanks again for the reply!!

Default Phantom Crib

I bought a bedroom set (crib, 3-drawer, and 5-drawer) made by Ragazzi from Buy Buy Baby in Scarsdale, NY (Westchester Co.) on December 17. They promised delivery within 8-12 weeks. We are now into week 15 and there's no end in sight. Our baby arrived 3 weeks ago and it's very disappointing not to have her nursery set up yet and to be pulling clothes out of plastic bins. Ragazzi is completely unresponsive. I hear on the internet that Ragazzi was recently bought out and maybe they are still having problems. I do not recommend Ragazzi.

I bought a Ragazzi double dresser, stages crib and armoire from Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg, MD. The furniture came in 9 weeks like they promised and I must say, they were fantastic to deal with!! The furniture is beautiful and very well made!!

I too read that F rating, but when I asked about it, I was told that the new company could not support the old products because they did not make them AND couldn't be liable for supplying parts for things they didn't make in the first place. I think this rating and bashing of the company is wrong and unfair

My friends bought Ragazzi a few years ago and recommended the brand to me ...I am so glad they did!!

Default Phatom Crib is now the WRONG Crib

Flekster, it's now April 2, 2008, a full 16 weeks since ordering our crib on December 17, 2007, and one month after the arrival of our baby, and we still don't have the crib.

However, Buy Buy Baby called us today - they got a crib from Ragazzi with our name on it, but IT WAS THE WRONG CRIB. Back it goes. Meanwhile, our child has outgrown the bassonet, and we haven't been able to set up the nursery.

To this day, we have never received one response to our customer inquiries.

Ragazzi is a horrible, horrible company!!!!